Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kit for kids

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Am I missing something or does the kit available for kids start at the age of 6? The smallest size is XSB which is for 6-8 year old boys. My boy is coming up to 4, surely there must be a Brighton kit I can buy him. He was given a Ugandan kit and absolutely loves it. But he says he wants a Brighton kit (lump in throat!). Anyone help or am I missing something??

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Nike don't do little kids kits. The club will be launching their own rip off version of the current kit at some point I believe.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Nike don't do little kids kits. The club will be launching their own rip off version of the current kit at some point I believe.

They do - my little one has a Barca one.

I guess they don't think it's worth making one for the Albion.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
They do - my little one has a Barca one.

I guess they don't think it's worth making one for the Albion.

I meant they don't do kids size kits, so therefore template kits that size don't happen, barca kits are made specifically to their request and requirements hence they make a replica at that size for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I meant they don't do kids size kits, so therefore template kits that size don't happen, barca kits are made specifically to their request and requirements hence they make a replica at that size for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I really follow - if Nike make the Barca ones then surely they have the capacity to make any - bespoke or template? They obviously have a threshold for sales/orders at which they don't think it's worth doing.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not sure I really follow - if Nike make the Barca ones then surely they have the capacity to make any - bespoke or template? They obviously have a threshold for sales/orders at which they don't think it's worth doing.

Yup, basically that's it, Barca, and others, will put on a big enough order, and can go for kids sizes The likes of Brighton and others that aren't in the 'elite' bracket don't buy bespoke kits, so we have to take their stock offer, which is based on standard kits, which they don't make in kids sizes, they simply don't make their standard kits in kids sizes.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Had this problem in the shop at the weekend spent ages trying to find my 3 year old nephew a shirt even telling him on the phone I was getting him one only to be told that they won't have them until Christmas....

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
They did last year though. They also will not be bringing out an away kit for kids, just the home kit.

Very annoying for my two year old who wants to 'wear a Seagull like Daddy'

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here