Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two challenges for the stattos...

matt

Mar 19, 2007
1. Which Albion manager has achieved the most wins in the Championship (old Second Division)?

2. When was the last time we won a game when reduced to ten or fewer players when we were NOT in the lead at the time of the first sending off?

I know the answer to neither.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
2. Doncaster last game at the Goldstone? Though they had 10 players too

It's not something that's happened often!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
And I'd guess at Poyet or Hughton for question 1.

Stats must be close.

Barry Lloyd 3rd?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Lloyd 64 wins
Mullery 52 wins
Poyet 36 wins
Hughton 35 wins

At this level. Barry Lloyd Brighton's best ever manager?!?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Lloyd 64 wins
Mullery 52 wins
Poyet 36 wins
Hughton 35 wins

Billy Lane in third place actually with 42 wins.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Lloyd had about 4 seasons in Div 2 including a play-off run. Poyet only had two seasons and Hughton only one good season (so far).

I expected a much lower win total for Bazza!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Lloyd 64 wins
Mullery 52 wins
Poyet 36 wins
Hughton 35 wins

Not really because you should be do a ratio of wins to games played. Mullery probably the best as he got us out of the division in the right direction!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not really because you should be do a ratio of wins to games played. Mullery probably the best as he got us out of the division in the right direction!

It was a rather tongue in cheek assertion. I suspect most would consider Lloyd the worst manager out of that list.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
2. When was the last time we won a game when reduced to ten or fewer players when we were NOT in the lead at the time of the first sending off?

Technically, this happened against Leicester City on February 4 2012. Matt Sparrow was sent-off in the 85th minute when the score was still 0-0. Will Buckley scored a 90th-minute winner. However, Leicester had been reduced to 10 men when Jermaine Beckford was sent-off in the 53rd minute, so I'm guessing it doesn't really answer your question.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lloyd 64 wins
Mullery 52 wins
Poyet 36 wins
Hughton 35 wins

Chris Cattlin must have been close to 50 (1983-86). Albion won 53 in those three seasons, although he only joined in the autumn of '83, so presumably not quite all the wins were under Cattlin.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Chris Cattlin must have been close to 50 (1983-86). Albion won 53 in those three seasons, although he only joined in the autumn of '83, so presumably not quite all the wins were under Cattlin.

I completely forgot about Cattlin. He won 51 games in the 2nd division. So table now reads:

Lloyd 64 wins
Mullery 52 wins
Cattlin 51 wins
Poyet 36 wins
Hughton 35 wins

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I completely forgot about Cattlin. He won 51 games in the 2nd division. So table now reads:

Lloyd 64 wins
Mullery 52 wins
Cattlin 51 wins
Poyet 36 wins
Hughton 35 wins
shouldn't this be against number of games played with a % of wins can't work it out didint go to a grammar school:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here