Ipswich Player Ratings

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
[MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] here's a start:

Stockdale 6 not a lot to do on a night where both teams were poor

Bruno 5 a lot of loose passes
Duffy 7 one big mistake when his pass was intercepted by their striker under no pressure. He a,so wasted the best chance of the second half with a shot from 12 yards going over the bar. Excellent otherwise, won all aerial battles
Dunk 8 MOTM for me. Immense again
Pocognoli 6 solid enough. Wasn't great going forward (no one was) but defended well. He did tire towards the end

Knockaert 6 was marked out the game by Ipswich and always had 2/3 around him when on the ball, that was a clear plan they had and was excited well. He still looked the most threatening, however, when he had the ball and a little space
Norwood 4 as a ball playing midfielder that sits back, you'd expect him to move the ball quick and find players in space. He rarely did, and I felt was the main reason why little chances were created. He didn't close anyone down when off the ball too. Ipswich created a few scoring half-chances outside the box as a result. I'm yet to see the hype of the player who got into the championship team of 15/16
Stephens 6 looked frustrated without Kayal as he was doing all the pressing, and had to make a lot of challenges himself in the middle of the park. The yellows were tight calls, but you could see it happening based on the clear frustration and amount of work he had to do.
Skalak 6 some good moments, and some frustrating ones. Did excellent work off the ball with positioning and closing down their players, but never created a decent chance going forward in open play when he had the ball. Our front line was dying out for pace, and he can't provide that. What he can provide is excellent crosses, but had limited opputinities to show that last night

Hemed 5 looked very heavy footed and was pretty anonymous. Correct me if I missed something, but I can't recall him creating or having and chances to score
Murray 6 another frustrating performance but looked more involved than Tomer. He won a few headers but no one could latch on. He created a great 1-on-1 chance for Murphy late on (though would be at a tight angle) but the linesman stopped play as he thought the ball was out. I didn't agree with that call but his position down the line is favourable to mine which was behind the ball.

Subs
Sidwell 5 when he first came on, he pushed forward a lot and almost looked like a second striker. Baffling why someone with pace wasn't brought on, but in the end worked out well as he replaced Stephens in CM when he was sent off
Murphy 5 couldn't get behind. Best he created were throw-in situations deep in their half, but never looked like beating a player or getting into a shooting position. His one chance that did present itself was halted by the linesmen.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Thanks. I think Norwood is a better player than he so far has been for us, well he has to be. Maybe given the quality of Stephens and Kayal, he is trying a bit too hard. Perhaps he needs to settle and relax a bit.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Thanks. I think Norwood is a better player than he so far has been for us, well he has to be. Maybe given the quality of Stephens and Kayal, he is trying a bit too hard. Perhaps he needs to settle and relax a bit.

They liked him at reading . Hoping there's more to him than the bang average player we've seen so far

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
[MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] here's a start:

Stockdale 6 not a lot to do on a night where both teams were poor

Bruno 5 a lot of loose passes
Duffy 7 one big mistake when his pass was intercepted by their striker under no pressure. He a,so wasted the best chance of the second half with a shot from 12 yards going over the bar. Excellent otherwise, won all aerial battles
Dunk 8 MOTM for me. Immense again
Pocognoli 6 solid enough. Wasn't great going forward (no one was) but defended well. He did tire towards the end

Knockaert 6 was marked out the game by Ipswich and always had 2/3 around him when on the ball, that was a clear plan they had and was excited well. He still looked the most threatening, however, when he had the ball and a little space
Norwood 4 as a ball playing midfielder that sits back, you'd expect him to move the ball quick and find players in space. He rarely did, and I felt was the main reason why little chances were created. He didn't close anyone down when off the ball too. Ipswich created a few scoring half-chances outside the box as a result. I'm yet to see the hype of the player who got into the championship team of 15/16
Stephens 6 looked frustrated without Kayal as he was doing all the pressing, and had to make a lot of challenges himself in the middle of the park. The yellows were tight calls, but you could see it happening based on the clear frustration and amount of work he had to do.
Skalak 6 some good moments, and some frustrating ones. Did excellent work off the ball with positioning and closing down their players, but never created a decent chance going forward in open play when he had the ball. Our front line was dying out for pace, and he can't provide that. What he can provide is excellent crosses, but had limited opputinities to show that last night

Hemed 5 looked very heavy footed and was pretty anonymous. Correct me if I missed something, but I can't recall him creating or having and chances to score
Murray 6 another frustrating performance but looked more involved than Tomer. He won a few headers but no one could latch on. He created a great 1-on-1 chance for Murphy late on (though would be at a tight angle) but the linesman stopped play as he thought the ball was out. I didn't agree with that call but his position down the line is favourable to mine which was behind the ball.

Subs
Sidwell 5 when he first came on, he pushed forward a lot and almost looked like a second striker. Baffling why someone with pace wasn't brought on, but in the end worked out well as he replaced Stephens in CM when he was sent off
Murphy 5 couldn't get behind. Best he created were throw-in situations deep in their half, but never looked like beating a player or getting into a shooting position. His one chance that did present itself was halted by the linesmen.

Thanks for this.
Hemed did create at least one chance, with a long run, and lay-off that Knockaert hit just over the bar -- it's on the 'high'lights. On the commentary, WA and JC were also talking about another great passage of play from Hemed, that wasn't capitalised on by (I think) Skalak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here