• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Some interesting names in the frame...

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
It's depressing to think that this is the best available. Over half of the people on that list wouldn't get anywhere near interview stage anyway!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
just leave it with Southgate, did OK with the under21's didn't he? no available manager is going to set the world alight with England.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Has to be Ruel Fox. Can't believe he didn't get it last time

He's the only English manager on there with international management experience which has to be a big plus for him.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Eddie Howe for me, because as I've said before on another thread, he's brought Bournmuff' up from the lower leagues to the top flight, gained experience in all aspects in type of player and style of play in all of these leagues :thumbsup:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
........................and failed spectacularly when he tried to move up to a bigger club.

Two massive stretches the of the truth in one post there. 1) Burnley are a bigger club. 2) He failed (of any kind) up there. He didn't get them relegated, or even close to it, and they were ticking along about as ordinarily as they tended to do when he went there, plus he signed Danny Ings so it's very hard to agree with your assessment.

That said, I think he should stay where he is for now. The England job is a hench payday without too much gratification, all the usual rats will want the job.

Personally, I would go for the best man for the job, Harry Redknapp. Obviously, he'll need to be banned from doing anything else and cleared of any involvement in this same "scandal" but he would be my pick from a footballing perspective.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
........................and failed spectacularly when he tried to move up to a bigger club.

What are you on? In the very short time he was at Burnley his acquisitions included Charlie Austin, Danny Ings, Tyrell and Vokes. And The Muff had to pay substantial reimbursement to Burnley for his release. Hardly a spectacular failure!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here