Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When was the last time the Albion won a game they should have lost?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It seems we never get "lucky" wins these days. Am I wrong?

I am desperately hoping that Saturday's game may be the one :smile:

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Swindon in the playoffs 2004??

We only seem to win games we should've drawn, draw in games we should've lost, and were loose in games we should have won.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't think we deserved to lose but the game really wasn't up to much and we only snatched it at the end with a penalty.

Nigel Clough disagrees: "They all battled away. I can't stress enough how incredible the effort was, to get to that point in the game without conceding."

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
There was the win against Derby at the Amex a couple of seasons ago that immediately springs to mind :lol:

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Charlton last year when we were 2-0 down at half time having been totally outplayed (should have been at least 4-0) and scraped a 3-2 win.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When was the last time the Albion won a game they should have lost?

It seems we never get "lucky" wins these days. Am I wrong?
I feel we were the best team in the division last season, which makes it pretty tricky to win a game you should lose. Particularly when your weak point is your strikers - we don't so often play badly then have a striker win it for us.

We were hanging on for a draw before winning away at Fulham last season.

I guess many of us are a little biased too, so it's difficult to appreciate when we've got lucky.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Home vs Southampton, Jan 2012; injury crisis and playing the league leaders?
Didn't we win 3-0? How's that possible if we deserved to lose?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There was the win against Derby at the Amex a couple of seasons ago that immediately springs to mind :lol:

Excellent call, that was daylight robbery (at night), but it was a long time ago and although I don't get to every game I can't recall one since.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I feel we were the best team in the division last season, which makes it pretty tricky to win a game you should lose. Particularly when your weak point is your strikers - we don't so often play badly then have a striker win it for us.

We were hanging on for a draw before winning away at Fulham last season.

I guess many of us are a little biased too, so it's difficult to appreciate when we've got lucky.

True, under CH we have had very few undeserved wins and very few games where we could complain about drawing or losing. When Poyet was manager there were loads of games we drew that we should have won and also quite a few that we lost that we should have drawn or won, but again very few we won that we shouldn't have.

It could of course be that I AM totally biased, but I like to think not. :shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Forest away last season we were a bit lucky. Although not sure we deserved to lose it. So yes, Swindon away in the play offs is the next one I think of...

EDIT - ah yes that Derby home game season before last :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here