Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best of Warren Aspinals "Gems" ?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Gotta love Warren and his mixing up of words when commentating! :clap2:

Some recent ones:

- Snapchat (When talking about about a snap kick)
- Knockard (AK)

There have been literaly hundreds during his time on SCR but forgotton most of them...

Last edited:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Gotta love Warren and his mixing up of words when commentating! :clap2:

Some recent ones:

- Snapchat (When talking about about a snap kick)
- Knockard (AK)

There have been literaly hundreds during his time on SCR but forgotton most of them, anyone have any to add?

Warren's problems are well documented.

Look closer to home though.

Aspinall's not Aspinals
Literally not literaly
Forgotten not forgotton.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Can't fault his commentary, his reading of the game or his deepfelt and genuine passion for the Albion though. His comment about wanting to see Skalak jog off the pitch after being subbed ticks all the boxes.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Didn't he mention one of the Albion players playing like Mrs Beckenbaur during the game v Barnsley the other day?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Warren's problems are well documented.

Look closer to home though.

Aspinall's not Aspinals
Literally not literaly
Forgotten not forgotton.

Ouch! I wasn't picking at the guys grammar! Just admiring some of the funnies he has come out with over the years... Warren is a legend and wouldn't have it any other way!

I am well aware of his problems and the past.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think we signed a new player according to Warren - Thomas Hemed

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
If you're going to highlight someone's shortcomings it's usually best not to highlight your own.

Oh bore off! I wasn't highlighting any shortcomings... I don't view them as a shortcoming, do you? Warren is a great commentator with great insight and certainly wouldn't make a post to take the piss. I'm sure (or hope) Warren would see the funny side to some of them so get off your high horse buddy!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Adim Habdab was my all time favourite closely followed by Lewis Donk, I love wozza, he tells it exactly how he sees it even if he says it funnier than it really is .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would be absolutely gutted if Warren Aspinall had to leave. He's a quality listen. His gems enhance the experience, and that experience is a good one because he reads the game absolutely brilliantly. It reminds me a bit of Test Match special in that regard where the peripheral amusing chat is enjoyed only because it enhances the genuine insight into the game.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I would be absolutely gutted if Warren Aspinall had to leave. He's a quality listen. His gems enhance the experience, and that experience is a good one because he reads the game absolutely brilliantly. It reminds me a bit of Test Match special in that regard where the peripheral amusing chat is enjoyed only because it enhances the genuine insight into the game.

Would as a "neutral" agree with this. I listen to many of the Albion games on SCR and Aspinall certainly doesn't spare his scorn if he reckons one of the Albion players is "off-song" or lazy. I think he and JC have a good balance between accurate reporting and supporting the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here