Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread *** (merged)

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
View attachment 78231View attachment 78232

Ipswich v Brighton

Sky Bet Championship

Venue: Portman Road
Date: Tuesday 27[SUP]th[/SUP] September 2016
Kick-off: 19:45 BST
Referee: Andy Davies
Assistants: Daniel Leach, Michael George
Fourth official: David Bryan​

TEAM NEWS

Ipswich will be without injured striker Brett Pitman and centre-back Adam Webster for the visit of Brighton.
Josh Emmanuel is set to take Webster's place, while Grant Ward is fit and Johnny Williams is back in training.

The Seagulls will be without suspended left-back Gaetan Bong as they chase a fourth successive league win.
Sebastien Pocognoli or Robert Hunt could replace the Cameroonian but midfielder Beram Kayal is sidelined with an ankle injury.
Defender Liam Rosenior (ankle) and winger Kazenga LuaLua (knee) are out, while winger Solly March is yet to return to first-team action following a long-term knee injury.

MATCH FACTS

• Ipswich have won four of their last six league meetings with the Seagulls (L2).
  • Brighton have kept just one clean sheet in their last 30 league visits to Portman Road, a 3-0 win in January 2013.
  • Brighton have kept a league-high six clean sheets in nine Championship games this season.
  • Ipswich have scored only four goals in their last eight league matches and never more than once in this run.
  • Referee Andy Davies has officiated 11 games so far this season, with a return of 29 yellow cards and one red card

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Some extra stuff I didn't want to jinx the first post with.

STATISTICS

According to Experimental 3-6-1...

"The attack ratings of these two clubs are moving in opposite directions: Ipswich have been looking progressively blunter for some time and are now the division’s lowest-rated attacking side, while Brighton have gone from strength to strength and look to be operating the most dangerous forward line around. Both have been stubborn at the back but the visitors look likely to ask repeated questions of their hosts’ defence"

View attachment 78235

FORM

According to WhoScored...
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1084993/Preview

View attachment 78236

PROBABLE LINEUP

View attachment 78239

TOP PLAYERS

View attachment 78238

Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Sky Bet Championship
27/09/16
Kick Off: 19.45
Venue: Portman Road

Brighton travel to Portman Road in good heart following on from arguably their best performance of the season last Saturday at home in the 2-0 win against Barnsley.

Manager Chris Hughton will need to reshuffle his midfield due to Beram Kayal picking up a knock last Saturday and it is likely that either Oliver Norwood or Steve Sidwell will be a direct replacement.

Gaetan Bong will miss the game after quickly accumulating 5 bookings in the early stages of the season. Sebastian Pocognoli is expected to make his full league debut at left back.

My prediction? Losing Kayal is a blow for the Albion however if we are to be successful this season then our squad players will need to step up and I am confident that we can maintain our recent form and snatch a 2-1 victory.

Come on you Seagulls!! GOSBTS!!! ⚽⚽⚽⚽

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Merge threads please mods.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ipswich 0 - Brighton 3
Honestly not seeing a win....but i live in hope but not sure where the goal will come from?
Tough opposition I'm going for a 2 - 1 win for Ipswich. They need to rebound after the Leeds defeat
Love the pic of the stadium. I feel a 1-2 loss coming.
I can only see an away win here the way we are playing at the moment , but who knows.
I think we'll do well to get a 1-1 draw - and I'm looking forward to seeing if action on the picth comes anywhere near matching the rhetoric off it. Come on boys, this is your opportunity to shine!

Sauce: Tractor Boys

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Is this the official official thread?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Is this the official (official) thread?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Quick! Someone post a massive Ipswich badge and a normal sized Albion one.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looks good. Perhaps a link would have been preferable instead of post #2?

Not feeling that confident for this evening, but hoping to be pleasantly surprised!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Quick! Someone post a massive Ipswich badge and a normal sized Albion one.

822px-Ipswich_Town.svg.png
703.png

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Looks good. Perhaps a link would have been preferable instead of post #2?
Not feeling that confident for this evening, but hoping to be pleasantly surprised!

Yeah the pictures are way too big aren't they. I thought it would be good to have in one spot and a lot of people wouldn't bother going to the other sites - whoscored is painfully slow.

Anyway, I'm not feeling 100% confident either, but this is one of the more winnable away fixtures given the current form. Although our history there hasn't been great of course!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here