Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As Kayal isn't fit for tomorrow night who would you play instead?

Who would you play if Kayal can't make it v Ipswich

• Norwood

Votes: 84 62.7%
  • Sidwell

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Someone else

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It has to be a straight choice between Norwood and Sidwell, unless you know better. But for me I'd play Sidwell. I know Norwood is better, but he is only better when on the ball. Sidwell is better at breaking up play. I'd therefore view Norwood as a better replacement to Stephens and Sidwell for Kayal. If we were at home I may go differently but Sidwell's ginger steel wins it for me over Norwood who is a little lightweight.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Has to be Norwood, the last couple of times I have seen Sidwell (Reading and Barnsley (sub) ) I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team. Slow and disinterested at best. Seems to blow hot and cold and struggles for consistency.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Norwood all day, although both have very obvious failings

I don't trust Sidwell. He has zero positional discipline - forever charging forward after the ball, leaving a big hole in midfield. He's also incredibly PONDEROUS in possession.

Norwood is talented but irritating - constantly over-complicating things. 4 times out of 5 he'll try a Hollywood ball, and risk conceding possession. On the 1 in 5 that he plays the simple ball, he'll still try to curl it with the outside of his boot for no reason, or something else pointless.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Especially as it's away from home against a decent side, I'd be very tempted to play both, 4-5-1 with Murray up top. I'm not convinced we can control games with 2 in the middle unless those two are Dale and Beram.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Neither will fill the void adequately but of the 2, I would go with Sidwell as Norwood has been a disappointment and appears to have been a panic buy in case Stephens left. He is not as good as Sidwell on the ball or breaking up play his only plus may be that he would last 90 mins better. I can however see both playing in a 4-5-1 formation with Murray on his own up front.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Norwood all day, although both have very obvious failings

I don't trust Sidwell. He has zero positional discipline - forever charging forward after the ball, leaving a big hole in midfield. He's also incredibly PONDEROUS in possession.

Norwood is talented but irritating - constantly over-complicating things. 4 times out of 5 he'll try a Hollywood ball, and risk conceding possession. On the 1 in 5 that he plays the simple ball, he'll still try to curl it with the outside of his boot for no reason, or something else pointless.

Therefore on balance it HAS to be Sidwell. Stephens can just about plug the gap left, giving the ball away cheaply is UNFORGIVEABLE. And Norwood is GUILTY so many ****ing times its a joke frankly.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Norwood if its a direct replacement, I think he moves the ball nicely and has done better than most give him credit for.

would be tempted as has been mentioned to go 4-5-1 in this one and play Sidwell and Norwood with Stephens.

Although I see Ipswich are struggling with injuries so maybe sticking with our 4-4-2 is the way to go...its a tricky call.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I would play me. I'm bloody awful but I think that the effort I put in would be appreciated.

Or Norwood. You know, whatever.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Norwood for me. Thought he did a tidy job saturday, very good at breaking up play. Not as creative for us yet as he was for Reading, but I'll settle for disruptive.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If tomorrows ref is as incompetent as several others I've seen this season, we could probably get away with playing both of them,in a 4-5-2.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Norwood for me. Thought he did a tidy job saturday, very good at breaking up play. Not as creative for us yet as he was for Reading, but I'll settle for disruptive.

I only listened on Seagull player and WA, who is pretty astute imo, reckoned he was breezed past by Barnsley players on a number of occasions. From what i have seen of him, he seems to have some creativity but appears very lightweight, not something you could accuse Kayal or Stephens of. I think he is a good player but not convinced he is tough enough for an away match at Ipswich in a two man midfield. I'd be tempted to go with Sidwell, but what do I know :shrug:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If you promise to clap the fans then I will second this suggestion
Assuming I'd not been sent off through an unintentional horror show of a tackle, or passed out through sheer exuberance, I promise that I would be the last player out there.

Sod it, I'll hug each (willing) fan as well.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Assuming I'd not been sent off through an unintentional horror show of a tackle, or passed out through sheer exuberance, I promise that I would be the last player out there.

Sod it, I'll hug each (willing) fan as well.

Suggestion seconded. I assume you are currently not registered with another team and therefore Chris has a couple of hours to get you signed up to be eligible for the match.

Good luck.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Amazed that people have confidence in Norwood, he has been awful every game I have seen. He loses the ball or misplaces passes in very important areas, he has done this consistently in every game he has played including against Colchester and Oxford. He has got away with most of them JUST but it is a matter of time before he seriously ****s up. A very irritating player to watch, has an inability to do the most simple of tasks. I really hope he turns is around but I am not impressed with what I have seen.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Suggestion seconded. I assume you are currently not registered with another team and therefore Chris has a couple of hours to get you signed up to be eligible for the match.

Good luck.
Excellent stuff. Knowing, as we all do, that he turns to NSC in times of need I shall be waiting by the phone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here