Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Managerial Musical Chairs 2016-17

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Andy Hessenthaler of Leyton Orient has become the first casualty of the season after just 16 games in charge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37472541

Leyton Orient have sacked manager Andy Hessenthaler after just five months in charge, the League Two club have confirmed.

The 51-year-old is the first managerial departure in the Premier League and English Football League this season.

Orient are 14th in the table after suffering back-to-back defeats, having won three of their nine league games.

Hessenthaler signed a one-year deal in the summer after taking charge for the final five games of last season.

Former Dover and Gillingham boss Hessenthaler was the seventh Orient manager since Italian businessman Francesco Becchetti bought the east London club in the summer of 2014.

The O's finished eighth last season, just six points outside the play-off places.

Hessenthaler was previously assistant to Ian Hendon and then Kevin Nolan at the Matchroom Stadium, and was initially appointed on a caretaker basis in April after*former West Ham midfielder Nolan departed.

Assistant manager Andy Edwards, 45, will take charge of the side for Tuesday's home match against Plymouth Argyle.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sure he was managing Dover when they were Ryman South (arrogant lot they always were too.....'too good to play at places like this' as their chairman once said at Burgess Hill). Probably ended up being above his level of competence.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Always liked Hessenthaler and his lego hair.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Ex Palce player Shaun Derry would have been first if Cambridge had lost at Newport on Saturday. They are still bottom of the league so he must be up there with the favourites to go next. Lose at home to Yeovil tomorrow and he's gone, I'd imagine.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ex Palce player Shaun Derry would have been first if Cambridge had lost at Newport on Saturday. They are still bottom of the league so he must be up there with the favourites to go next. Lose at home to Yeovil tomorrow and he's gone, I'd imagine.

Unfortunately it would seem that their form has cost Tom Dallison his place in the side.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Billc , Hughes or Guidolin will be gone by the international break as panic mode sets in

I agree that Guidolin looks vulnerable but beware sacking either of the other two managers and "be careful what you wish for".

I think three 9th place finishes for Stoke under Hughes and achieving Europa League football for West Ham under Bilic should count for something, and if I was Coates or Sullivan I'd be keeping an eye on Hull, Burnley and Boro before acting in a hasty fashion.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Latest offerings:

Sam Allardyce - England - Resigns
Tony Mowbray - Coventry - Resigns

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It is usually failures like Paul Ince who apply for these jobs. If they were succesful they would have Chairmen phoning them not the job centre. Having said that MA could do a job there.

If by MA you mean Micky Adams, then yes I 100% agree. Knows Coventry well of course from his earlier spell there, and I believe could help to turn things around.

Had a nice spell away from the hurly burly of the Football League while he was at Sligo, and Coventry could offer him a route back into management..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here