Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labour Party Conference

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Our leader, Jeremy Corbyn, has made the following statement.

"I am honoured to have won the votes of thousands of members and supporters who have given me the second mandate in a year to lead our party.

I will do everything I can to repay that trust and support to bring our party together - to make it an engine of progress for our country and the people who depend on Labour.

Always remember that in our party, we have much more in common than that which divides us.

We are now the largest political party in western Europe. Our new members are now part of a nationwide movement who can now take our message into every community in the country to win support for the election of a Labour government.

Now is the time for all of us to focus every ounce of our energy on exposing and defeating the Tories and the damage they are doing to our country. Theresa May’s government isn’t a new government - it’s David Cameron’s government repackaged but threatening to take the country backwards and dithering as we face the historic challenges of Brexit.

Together, arguing for the real change this country needs, I have no doubt that Labour can win the next election whenever Theresa May decides to call it - and form the next government.

My responsibility as Labour leader is to unite this party. And it’s also the responsibility of the whole party to work together and respect the democratic choice that has been made.

Labour is a party brimming full of ideas - of talent and creativity - and so is Britain. Unleashing that potential is the job of all of us.

Let’s work together for real change."

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Shadow Chancellor is up next.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Dear Turkeys

Vote for Christmas means a Vote For Christmas. There will not be a second vote. Christmas means Christmas. Enjoy your stuffing.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Here comes the revolution borrow borrow make our childrens children pay for it. Let's get into bed with the Russians.

D

Deleted member 22389

Can you really trust a Labour government again, I certainly can't, and I will never and I mean never vote for cruddy party again.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just to confirm - "unelectable" Jeremy "unelectable" Corbyn - elected twice to Labour leadership.
Theresa "strong, sensible, not a warmongering anti-human rights c.unt at all" May - elected 0 times.

Cool.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Just to confirm - "unelectable" Jeremy "unelectable" Corbyn - elected twice to Labour leadership.
Theresa "strong, sensible, not a warmongering anti-human rights c.unt at all" May - elected 0 times.

Cool.

Elected by a tiny proportion of the overall electorate.

If there was a General Election tomorrow, the Tories would absolutely walk it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Here comes the revolution borrow borrow make our childrens children pay for it. Let's get into bed with the Russians.
Yeah. Or double the number of staff at HMRC investigating wealthy tax dodgers.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Cool.
You will be very disappointed that the people who voted him leader don't make anywhere near enough people to get Labour into power. I will be very disappointed that there is no-one to challenge the Tories and we are stuck with them getting more and more right wing. Labour members have a left wing leader which makes them happy. Sadly, there aren't nearly enough people in Britain willing to back someone that left wing, despite the Tories getting more right wing by the day.

Enjoy your left wing idealist in power whilst centrists like me rue the day that Labour lurch left leaving the country to lurch right.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Elected by a tiny proportion of the overall electorate.

If there was a General Election tomorrow, the Tories would absolutely walk it.

Says some very depressing things about our country, when you look at the two candidates. When did we become a nation of selfish xenophobic *****?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

Cool.

Is that the same as Gordon Brown being given the job by Tony B Liar !!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not a party political point but why does the Labour leader's speech always come early on in the conference? Isn't it better to have it at the end as the big finale?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
You will be very disappointed that the people who voted him leader don't make anywhere near enough people to get Labour into power. I will be very disappointed that there is no-one to challenge the Tories and we are stuck with them getting more and more right wing. Labour members have a left wing leader which makes them happy. Sadly, there aren't nearly enough people in Britain willing to back someone that left wing, despite the Tories getting more right wing by the day.

Enjoy your left wing idealist in power whilst centrists like me rue the day that Labour lurch left leaving the country to lurch right.

Exactly this.

The old school 'left wing' working classes don't really exist. The majority of the country has now shifted much more towards the centre ground, yet Labour is moving in the other direction. A centre-ist Labour party would have a real shot at winning a General Election.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Highlights on BBC Parliament every evening at 8pm for those of you like me at work.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Exactly this.

The old school 'left wing' working classes don't really exist. The majority of the country has now shifted much more towards the centre ground, yet Labour is moving in the other direction. A centre-ist Labour party would have a real shot at winning a General Election.
in that case go left go left

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here