Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Police never gave us a chance - nightclub owners."

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A mate of mine has. He described it as being '10 times worse' than Club Horizon in Rye, which I have had the misfortune of visiting. Anything '10 times worse' than Club Horizon is going to be off the scale in badness in my opinion.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Sounds like a lovely place;

"Ms Irving said she had met with residents who said they had been “forced to sleep in their bathrooms at the back of their houses to avoid the noise of fighting, shouting and swearing keeping them awake. They told us of customers of the Trek defecating on their door steps and them living in fear for their own safety. "

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Anyone who defecated on my doorstep would also be living in fear of their own safety...

Anybody defecating on my doorstep

will now get the American treatment

b27680133ac2dedf7e709a51cf25e6b631a1c31b7a1b69126ab0fe13ed0a93b2.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I lived in Seaford 1998-2001 and I didn't know The Trek Club existed when I moved to the town, i used to go in there most Friday nights and occasionally on a Saturday.
Back then it was a good laugh, free to get in and no dress code, the club did sell draught lager but also bottles and cans, I always went for the latter.
I never saw any serious violence in there and never had any trouble myself, I did get to know the doormen and also got to know loads of locals.
At the time Newhaven had a club called Libertys ( Cloud 9 before as mentioned in this thread ) I went in there 3 times and it kicked off every time, nothing to do with me of course, I think it closed down after a lad died in an incident with a doorman.

Oh and I met my wife in The Trek Club :eek:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
When i lived and worked in Rodmell 25 years ago, we used to pop down there. Was never as bad as Cloud 9 in Newhaven..

:drink::catfight:

As it was so long ago my memories a bit hazy...but the drive there and back i definitely remember...my mate had one of those three wheelers (fools n horses) and driving along the coast road when it was windy was a tad scarey

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I never went in there although I was a Seaford lad, but it always had a reputation as a real dive. Loads of my mates used to frequent it, one of whom, an Albion maniac, was chucked out for trying a little nudie dancing.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I doubt the Trek has changed, but peoples and the polices tolerance has.

Anyway I went to the Trek many times in the 80's and 90's, you could always find a fight if you were not one of the locals, same in Newhaven anywhere really against the centre of Brighton that generally caters for everyone that comes from everywhere else, its always the small town mentality that has the usual local lads that can find Brighton slightly intimidating in a kinda 'gotta wash and think about fashion' kinda way.

Of course you can get big trouble in the centre of Brighton too, but usually more flash-points in small towns and the suburbs, more amateur clubbers.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A mate of mine has. He described it as being '10 times worse' than Club Horizon in Rye, which I have had the misfortune of visiting. Anything '10 times worse' than Club Horizon is going to be off the scale in badness in my opinion.

There's a nightclub in Rye, I thought it was a town full of whelks :)

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I went to the Trek a few times back in the 80's. Ended up in a fight almost everytime we went there. As others have said, when you come from out of town in a place like that it's a racing cert. Those were the days...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here