Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa disbands its anti-racism taskforce

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Fifa has disbanded its anti-racism task force, declaring the work complete despite ongoing concerns about discriminatory behaviour in Russia, the hosts of the 2018 World Cup.

Fifa has written to members of the task force to say that it has “completely fulfilled its temporary mission” and “is hereby dissolved and no longer in operation.”

“I wish I could say that I am shocked by the decision, but unfortunately I am not,” task force member Osasu Obayiuwana said on Sunday. “The problem of racism in football remains a burning, very serious and topical one, which need continuous attention.

Let's wait and see till the Russia world cup then...

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Brilliant, they've solved racism. What should we get them to work on next? Corruption? That's a hot topic.

That one is ongoing. And ongoing. And ongoing.

Although they would like to disband it....

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Absolutely ridiculous

I agree that they should be passing the batton on to clubs and individual National Federations but a governing body is required to make sure that clubs and these Federations comply with their policies

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I hope we as fans try and ask the FA to boycott Russia World Cup not because they tried to kill our fans not because of it fans racist chants but because they are killing innocent civilians in Syria shooting down airlines over the Ukraine etc. We should start a campaign on line.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I hope we as fans try and ask the FA to boycott Russia World Cup not because they tried to kill our fans not because of it fans racist chants but because they are killing innocent civilians in Syria shooting down airlines over the Ukraine etc. We should start a campaign on line.

I'm not sure you'll get a lot of blokes russian to do this.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Solved, must mean bonuses all round then.

Now looking to solve all world conflicts and replace the UN

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

53404148.jpg

Looking at this another way, they have failed to eradicate it and have now decided not to waste more money paying people for several years to pretend that they are solving the problem.

Failing to solve it is bad. Failing to solve it and paying for that failure is worse.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Do Zenit have a policy of not contracting black players ? Sure I read something in reputable media a while back.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here