Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arnold Palmer

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Sad news.
The pioneer of modern golf. Exciting and charasmatic, the crowds flocked to follow him. I grew up with Palmer, Nicklaus and Player, the three big guns of the sport. A true gentleman and a true sporting great.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Last time I saw him on TV he looked very ill so I put him in the next to die thread, sorry Arnold a true legend of sport who along with Nicklaus and Player (and maybe Watson) made golf what it is today.
Good timing as I expect great tributes at The Ryder Cup and will hopefully stop any stupid behaviour from fans and players that drag the name of golf down during a great tournament.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Met him once - at a reception for about 50 people. He was exactly what you'd hope a sporting icon would be: articulate, considerate, attentive & open. A truly class act. RIP.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Met him once - at a reception for about 50 people. He was exactly what you'd hope a sporting icon would be: articulate, considerate, attentive & open. A truly class act. RIP.

I have been fortunate enough to have met a few sporting people, I can officially say, I am now jealous! it must have been an amazing experience, Burt, how long ago, as a matter of interest?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I have been fortunate enough to have met a few sporting people, I can officially say, I am now jealous! it must have been an amazing experience, Burt, how long ago, as a matter of interest?

1997 or 98, in San Francisco.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here