Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] I can't come out tonight because.....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Great story in the pub after the game last night as we celebrated my mate's birthday. A friend of a friend came along at the last minute.

He'd arranged a date on tinder and checked his messages last minute to see if it was still on.

She had indeed messaged him to say "I can't come out because I've had too much gluten".

Obviously he celebrated his lucky escape and came out and got rat arsed with us instead.

Have you ever had such a lucky escape? And what's your get out clause when you just can't face it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
When I want to get out of something, I always tell the truth. If I just can't be bothered, I say that. If I find someone annoying and don't want their company, I say so. It's not rude, at least I see it as less rude than telling a lie. We all feel like it at times, so why not just say so. It's easier, believe me.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
When I want to get out of something, I always tell the truth. If I just can't be bothered, I say that. If I find someone annoying and don't want their company, I say so. It's not rude, at least I see it as less rude than telling a lie. We all feel like it at times, so why not just say so. It's easier, believe me.

Fantastic. :bowdown:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Mmmm ...my pants used to be frequently on fire :flameboun. Believe me that also always worked ....more importantly no one got hurt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here