Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monarch to go bust?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Heads up but strong rumours Monarch may be going into administration tomorrow. Will be a big shock if true and sad for a very good UK based airline and travel company.

Rumours have begun as planes from other airlines, such as United (US airline) have been sent to Tenerife & Majorca as possible repatriot flights. Also talk at Birmingham that Monarch planes being sent together to remote stands.

Social media team are denying this but suspect they wouldn't know anymore than anyone else.

My source is someone that works at Gatwick

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shameful if true seeing as how I got my first emailed Monarch cheap flights offer in yonks posted to my inbox only yesterday. ???

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
Not quite sure how this will work out for mrs and me, our holiday is completely booked through Monarch and due to fly out Friday ffs

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is not surprising as a lot of companies are in very bad financial state these days and what happens is staff leave or get made redundant and those unlucky ones get more and more work.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not sure this is true - my contact at Gatwick says it's rubbish.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
we are due to fly in a couple of weeks , hopefully this is just a rumour and no truth-always found them to be good

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I thought this thread was about Kate's attempt at increased breast size. They aren't exactly large, are they? The future king needed an adequate calcium source. Wet nurse?

kate-middleton-in-jenny-packham.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If true fortunately have Easyjet flights next month as already had to dispute through credit card due to Low Cost Holidays going bust.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If true fortunately have Easyjet flights next month as already had to dispute through credit card due to Low Cost Holidays going bust.

How much did you get back if you don't mind me asking?

Reading a lot of horror stories of people getting next to nothing back.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not good, least they are Atol protected which means anyone affected will have some sort of security.

Is the correct answer. You might lose you're holiday but you'll get over it. Pain in the arse, but you can always book another holiday. Main thing is you won't lose your money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here