Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray and Hemed can play together!

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
A bit bored on a Sunday so I thought I'd compare league games where Murray and Hemed had started together against those where they hadn't. I know there are other factors, such as opposition and Stephens playing or not playing, but it does seem like they can play together and we do well when they play together.

Derby 0 0
Forest 3 0
Rotherham 3 0
Brentford 0 2
Barnsley 2 0
3 wins 1 draw 1 loss 8 for 2 against 2 points a game 1.6 goals a game 0.4 goals against a game

Reading 2 2
Newcastle 0 2
Huddersfield 1 0
Burton 1 0 ( although we got the goal when they were both on the pitch)
2 wins 1 draw 1 loss 4 for 4 against 1.75 points a game 1 goal a game 1 goal against a game

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think you may actually have a point there. They CAN work together. Hemed can lace Murray's boots. And if they happen to be on the same pitch at the same time, then Hemed can convert Murray's penalties :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think you may actually have a point there. They CAN work together. Hemed can lace Murray's boots. And if they happen to be on the same pitch at the same time, then Hemed can convert Murray's penalties :thumbsup:

Shouldn't, but :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When they start passing, linking up together, making different runs, and offering different challenges to the centre backs I'll agree.

One thing both yesterdays goals had in common was the fact that Hemed was in touching distance of Murray.

A fantastic fast paced breakaway goal doesn't need 2 lummoxs (lummox's, lummox', lummoxi :shrug: ) chasing into the box.
It needs just one excellent goal scoring machine (and how lucky are we to have 2) a one striker able to get in front of the break pulling the centre backs out of position.

A magnificent dead ball delivery doesn't need one headerer.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When they start passing, linking up together, making different runs, and offering different challenges to the centre backs I'll agree.

One thing both yesterdays goals had in common was the fact that Hemed was in touching distance of Murray.

A fantastic fast paced breakaway goal doesn't need 2 lummoxs (lummox's, lummox', lummoxi :shrug: ) chasing into the box.
It needs just one excellent goal scoring machine (and how lucky are we to have 2) a one striker able to get in front of the break pulling the centre backs out of position.

A magnificent dead ball delivery doesn't need one headerer.

Sorry but you're incoherently over-analysing. Hemed has VERY serious trouble scoring from open play. Not that much of an upgrade to COG 2.0 no matter what the stats say. Baldock will cop most of the flak this season for sure. But Hemed will cop most of it next season, assuming he's not been fenelon'ed down to his proper level. Nothing's surer. Bloke can;t score for toffee.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The big regret is that we didnt have Murray during his best days.

Well we did. But we flogged him on account of the muppet manager of the day. Else we'd be in the Prem now, what with his partnership with the equally impressive Ashley Barnes.Both those kiddies knew where the goal was. Kept the partnership going, we'd never have needed to piss money up the wall on CMS or invested in Ulloa.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Sorry but you're incoherently over-analysing. Hemed has VERY serious trouble scoring from open play. Not that much of an upgrade to COG 2.0 no matter what the stats say. Baldock will cop most of the flak this season for sure. But Hemed will cop most of it next season, assuming he's not been fenelon'ed down to his proper level. Nothing's surer. Bloke can;t score for

Think you are wrong:

toffee[/http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VODPZ_fzeCc

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry but you're incoherently over-analysing. Hemed has VERY serious trouble scoring from open play. Not that much of an upgrade to COG 2.0 no matter what the stats say. Baldock will cop most of the flak this season for sure. But Hemed will cop most of it next season, assuming he's not been fenelon'ed down to his proper level. Nothing's surer. Bloke can;t score for

Think you are wrong:

toffee[/http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VODPZ_fzeCc

Game of opinions tho eh? :Some more than others will stand the test of time. :shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wow THPP you're on one today! Hemed was excellent yesterday and excellent vs Hudds!

Murray & Hemed has not worked very well until yesterday. Simple, simple reason? We played down the flanks and won the game from there rather than relying on any sort of pace which neither have. Play down the flanks and it can work ok. Still need that nippy goal scoring striker though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just keep quoting that 17 goals thing (incl. 5 from penalties) from last season. It's his career highlight at this level. He won't get better.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
to be fair, and I am open to criticism, the best striker pairing we've had in recent years is Murray and Wood......two strikers who are similar in stature to Murray and Hemed.......

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Sorry but this combo doesnt work!, we simply have no choice as Baldock and Manu are poor aoptions - Hemed is far too slow and lumbers around the pitch - we're desperate for a striker in the no,10 role

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wow THPP you're on one today! Hemed was excellent yesterday and excellent vs Hudds!

Woopy-dos. All these 'strikers' we've got who are hugely adept at 'holding the ball up' and 'runnnig off the ball'. Every damn thing in fact apart from the only thing that matters - sticking the ball in the net. Word with yourself?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I dont think Hemed would have scored our first goal. He would have worked ball onto right foot with every chance this delay shot would have been blocked

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Woopy-dos. All these 'strikers' we've got who are hugely adept at 'holding the ball up' and 'runnnig off the ball'. Every damn thing in fact apart from the only thing that matters - sticking the ball in the net. Word with yourself?

We need another striker that's for sure - and one that will score regularly. But Hemed & Murray are good goalscorers for us & offer a lot to the team aside from goals. Hemed's feet are fantastic for a big man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here