Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do Palace even care?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I played 5-a-side yesterday with a group of mates and some noob showed up in a palace shirt. In the name of #banter, I said "no hard tackles, yeah?" I got a blank look and questioned, "do you lot not care about Brighton any more?" "What?" He said. "Isn't that a Palace shirt?" I replied. "Yes." "Do you not care about the Brighton rivalry?" I asked. "Brighton?" he retorted. "Yes", I said, starting to wonder what plane of reality we were operating on. "No idea, mate."

What the actual ****? We were only in the same division a couple of seasons' ago. Is the M23 rivalry waning?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One of the new 10,000 they got after their lucky & only ever promotion in their history I suspect. Apparently they give out official shirts around Croydon just to boost numbers as most support Arsenal or Spurs around there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I played 5-a-side yesterday with a group of mates and some noob showed up in a palace shirt. In the name of #banter, I said "no hard tackles, yeah?" I got a blank look and questioned, "do you lot not care about Brighton any more?" "What?" He said. "Isn't that a Palace shirt?" I replied. "Yes." "Do you not care about the Brighton rivalry?" I asked. "Brighton?" he retorted. "Yes", I said, starting to wonder what plane of reality we were operating on. "No idea, mate."

What the actual ****? We were only in the same division a couple of seasons' ago. Is the M23 rivalry waning?

Sounds like he'd had a lobotomy from that conversation.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What the actual ****? We were only in the same division a couple of seasons' ago.

Most of the teams 'we were in the same division a couple of seasons ago' are now in the Prem. Or have been there, done that, got relegated, scooped the parachute payments. Some even bounced back up there again. Most of them are as shit now as they were then. We are always last to the party. Always the bridesmaid. We're 'a well run club' and nothing more. Where's the impetus coming from for the owner to recoup his outlay, other than from Asia and/or Property Sales? ???

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Most of the teams 'we were in the same division a couple of seasons ago' are now in the Prem. Or have been there, done that, got relegated, scooped the parachute payments. We are more or less last to the party. We're 'a well run club'. Where's the impetus coming from for the owner to recoup his outlay, other than from Asia and/or Property Sales? ???

Have you considered that there may be a curse on us? :wink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Most of the teams 'we were in the same division a couple of seasons ago' are now in the Prem. Or have been there, done that, got relegated, scooped the parachute payments. Some even bounced back up there again. Most of them are as shit now as they were then. We are always last to the party. Always the bridesmaid. We're 'a well run club' and nothing more. Where's the impetus coming from for the owner to recoup his outlay, other than from Asia and/or Property Sales? ???

A well run club & nothing more? Well myself and many on here will completely disagree with that!

As for on the pitch... I'm very very happy with where we are. In the last 6 seasons we've gone from a bottom of league 1 outfit to one of the most established clubs in the championship with an excellent squad & fantastic array of players. You've been way way too harsh on the Albion there for me.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
For sure. We are absolutely cursed by the curse of not paying the market rate for buying or retaining players. Still, we're a 'well run club'. So that's alright then.
You sound like an Arsenal supporter.

:)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You sound like an Arsenal supporter.

:)

Whatever happened to that Arsenal fan who changed allegiances and became an Albion fan, around the Withdean years, wrote a book about it and then appears to have fecked off again?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
They didn't care about going bust twice.....If you don't care about that, I would have thought there was not a lot you do care about!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whatever happened to that Arsenal fan who changed allegiances and became an Albion fan, around the Withdean years, wrote a book about it and then appears to have fecked off again?

He's still around but not publicising it because of the grief he got from Albion fans for jumping on the Withdean bandwagon, would you believe?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A well run club & nothing more? Well myself and many on here will completely disagree with that!

As for on the pitch... I'm very very happy with where we are. In the last 6 seasons we've gone from a bottom of league 1 outfit to one of the most established clubs in the championship with an excellent squad & fantastic array of players. You've been way way too harsh on the Albion there for me.

Face it, we're always in the slow lane to the fast lane, with the first round of the play-offs our Final Destination.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He's still around but not publicising it because of the grief he got from Albion fans for jumping on the Withdean bandwagon, would you believe?

Still a fan then? My over riding memory of him was telling us to get over the Palace rivalry. I believe he got a fair amount of stick about that on here, with good reason IMO.

I'd be interested to know if he still feels the same after THAT night.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Looks like they still care

Attachments

• 14440920_1270902752960887_3807249550823363897_n.jpg
    14440920_1270902752960887_3807249550823363897_n.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 424

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Clearly they do care otherwise the 'whey faced poltroons' wouldn't infest this board whenever they fluke a point or 3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here