Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Where do we go from here? Tesco in Disguise's Avatar

Do Palace even care?

0 Not allowed!
    I played 5-a-side yesterday with a group of mates and some noob showed up in a palace shirt. In the name of #banter, I said "no hard tackles, yeah?" I got a blank look and questioned, "do you lot not care about Brighton any more?" "What?" He said. "Isn't that a Palace shirt?" I replied. "Yes." "Do you not care about the Brighton rivalry?" I asked. "Brighton?" he retorted. "Yes", I said, starting to wonder what plane of reality we were operating on. "No idea, mate."

What the actual ****? We were only in the same division a couple of seasons' ago. Is the M23 rivalry waning?

Just victim of the in-house drive-by.
    They say 'jump!', you say 'how high?'

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      One of the new 10,000 they got after their lucky & only ever promotion in their history I suspect. Apparently they give out official shirts around Croydon just to boost numbers as most support Arsenal or Spurs around there.
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, thatís it. We have done it.

Inigo Calderon
      May 2016

1 Not allowed!
      Perhaps he just picked it up from the local boot fair as a freebie.
      If we lived in a perfect place nobody would vote Tory.

0 Not allowed!
      All that matters is whether he went home on crutches or not.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tesco in Disguise View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I played 5-a-side yesterday with a group of mates and some noob showed up in a palace shirt. In the name of #banter, I said "no hard tackles, yeah?" I got a blank look and questioned, "do you lot not care about Brighton any more?" "What?" He said. "Isn't that a Palace shirt?" I replied. "Yes." "Do you not care about the Brighton rivalry?" I asked. "Brighton?" he retorted. "Yes", I said, starting to wonder what plane of reality we were operating on. "No idea, mate."

What the actual ****? We were only in the same division a couple of seasons' ago. Is the M23 rivalry waning?
      Sounds like he'd had a lobotomy from that conversation.
      Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi

1 Not allowed!
      Sounds like a proper ****wit. Which probably isn't a surprise.
      The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tesco in Disguise View Post
      What the actual ****? We were only in the same division a couple of seasons' ago.
      Most of the teams 'we were in the same division a couple of seasons ago' are now in the Prem. Or have been there, done that, got relegated, scooped the parachute payments. Some even bounced back up there again. Most of them are as shit now as they were then. We are always last to the party. Always the bridesmaid. We're 'a well run club' and nothing more. Where's the impetus coming from for the owner to recoup his outlay, other than from Asia and/or Property Sales?
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      Most of the teams 'we were in the same division a couple of seasons ago' are now in the Prem. Or have been there, done that, got relegated, scooped the parachute payments. We are more or less last to the party. We're 'a well run club'. Where's the impetus coming from for the owner to recoup his outlay, other than from Asia and/or Property Sales?
      Have you considered that there may be a curse on us?
      Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      Have you considered that there may be a curse on us?
      For sure. We are absolutely cursed by the curse of not paying the market rate for buying or retaining players. Still, we're a 'well run club'. So that's alright then.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      Most of the teams 'we were in the same division a couple of seasons ago' are now in the Prem. Or have been there, done that, got relegated, scooped the parachute payments. Some even bounced back up there again. Most of them are as shit now as they were then. We are always last to the party. Always the bridesmaid. We're 'a well run club' and nothing more. Where's the impetus coming from for the owner to recoup his outlay, other than from Asia and/or Property Sales?
      A well run club & nothing more? Well myself and many on here will completely disagree with that!

As for on the pitch... I'm very very happy with where we are. In the last 6 seasons we've gone from a bottom of league 1 outfit to one of the most established clubs in the championship with an excellent squad & fantastic array of players. You've been way way too harsh on the Albion there for me.
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, thatís it. We have done it.

Inigo Calderon
      May 2016