What a fascinating read. A local train crash I was not previously aware of

D

Deleted User X18H

Sweet Hill is on this site as well.

What a super social document.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I remember the Copyhold accident as I was a member of the Fire Brigade personnel who attended.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
What action would have been taken against the driver at fault in the Copyhold collision?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Fascinating. Two accidents come to mind locally for me.
Whilst living in Hassocks there was a derailment of some kind just south of the station, around 1968/70.
And a little later a crash just north of Waterhall and the long tunnel. Emergency services all having to climb the embankment along the A23

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Talk about not being aware. I certainly didn't know you couldn't pump your own petrol into your own petrol tank in the state of Oregon. What happens when the solo attendant must take a piss?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
My dad survived unhurt in a fatal train accident in Eastbourne Station, in about 1960. Not sure how many died, not many as I remember. Always remember after that we always sat in the middle of the train.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Rather similar to the crash 20 years later in Purley. Sadly that one had more deadly results, being on top of an embankment which one train was knocked off, one coach into someone's garden.

Five killed and the train driver sent to prison.

I still believe David Duckenfield should be put in jail for opening that fatal gate at Hillsborough.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here