Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coventry City.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Does anyone have any information as to what is going on at the Midlands based club ? The Coventry Telegraph in vocal in its running of the Sky Blues thats all i know. :wave:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
As I understand it:

Cov are owned by a hedge fund called Sisu and have been for many years. Because they're based offshore, no one really knows who actually owns them though it's likely to be several people. It's thought Sisu bought them thinking they could asset strip the club and sell it on.

But they don't own the ground, the Ricoh. That's owned by a partnership of Wasps rugby club and the city council I think.

So - there's no investment in the team, they have to pay rent to play at 'their own' ground' and lots of Cov fans won't go and watch them until there's a change of ownership.

Last week the local paper, the Evening Telegraph, ran a front page piece calling on Sisu to get out of the club. The result, predictably, was their football reporter was banned from the weekly press conference.

So that's my understanding of what's happening. Happy to be updated by someone who knows more though.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
What a mess. Presumably Sisu passed the rigorous Fit and Proper Persons test before they took over !!??

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here