Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aussie Pink Floyd

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Are they worth £40? thats the price ( via ticket master) in Oxford but I am loathed to pay good money for ' imitators'

And why is ticket master charging a £10 fee.....rip off twats.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Got tickets at the Brighton Centre and also saw them there a few years ago. I would say they are very good and worth the money especially as there is fat chance of seeing the real thing.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Never gone to a tribute band gig and have no intention of doing so.

Listen to the original albums or watch the DVDs far more enjoyable.

Oh by the way, which one's pink?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Got tickets at the Brighton Centre and also saw them there a few years ago. I would say they are very good and worth the money especially as there is fat chance of seeing the real thing.

Yup, according to Wiki there is some kind of feud among the remaining members.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My eldest daughter has bought me two tickets for The Brighton Centre.
She says she will go with me.
She's 24 and hasn't a clue about twenty minute guitar solos :moo:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Saw Brit Floyd at The Brighton Centre 2 or 3 year's ago when they were selling £10 tickets towards the back (in some ways ideal for a tribute band because you can maintain the illusion, if that makes sense). Great gig, slick production, great sound, great projections, but loads of empty seats. Gawd knows how many empty seats they'll be at £32.50-£44 a head next year.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Interesting that you've never been but can state that watching a DVD is more enjoyable than live music, even from a tribute band. I think you are wrong, live music beats DVDs and CDs hands down IMO and these guys are good.

Not really a fan of tribute bands but this one is possibly recognised as the best of all of them?

Fwiw I saw Floyd for the first time as a 16 year old just after the release of Saucerful of Secrets and the departure of Syd.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Perversely Brit Floyd's 2011 Liverpool gig has almost 19 million watches on YouTube, which dwarfs the viewing numbers for most of Pink Floyd's stuff, live or otherwise, on YouTube.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Missing out then. Been to loads and enjoyed them all. Cheap tickets and night out. Next one i'm off to is a Jam one with original guitarist in the band in Jan. Much rather be out then sitting ay home watching dvds.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Interesting that you've never been but can state that watching a DVD is more enjoyable than live music, even from a tribute band. I think you are wrong, live music beats DVDs and CDs hands down IMO and these guys are good.

Not really a fan of tribute bands but this one is possibly recognised as the best of all of them?

Fwiw I saw Floyd for the first time as a 16 year old just after the release of Saucerful of Secrets and the departure of Syd.

Completely agree. I've seen cover bands of Queen, Bee Gees and others and had a great time. As long as it's a good night out that's all that counts.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
OTE=spence;7604757]Missing out then. Been to loads and enjoyed them all. Cheap tickets and night out. Next one i'm off to is a Jam one with original guitarist in the band in Jan. Much rather be out then sitting ay home watching dvds.[/QUOTE]

Could be interesting

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Not seen many tribute bands but i did see the Australian Doors somewhere in London (Anzac day) sometime in the 90's. I was blown away - one of my favorite gigs ever let alone by a tribute band. The sound from the Hammond organ was incredible amplified up in a big venue (Inspiral Carpets gigs had same effect).

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Im probably just tight but I could watch the live DVDs turned up really loud? I know these bands will be better than average kareoke imitators but there still not the real thing...

I would be very surprised if you didn't come back from your first Brit Floyd gig (should you go) and start looking for another one to attend. Put aside your comparisons/expectations and treat it as a stand alone gig with some anonymous band performing. They really are outstanding. As a Floyd fan you're missing out by not going.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Best tribute band I ever saw was T-Rextasy. Most of the original band but with someone as Bolan who literally lives as Bolan, had bought all his old outfits etc. Eerie..

Btw someone told me the real Floyd had done a gig once in Lewes. Can anyone confirm that? And give details if poss.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I saw them at Worthing Assembly Hall in 2003. As an ardent early Floyd fan. I thought they were pretty good

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-a.../assembly-hall-worthing-england-23d37ceb.html

Seen them twice here in Malta and was very impressed.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
IMO Brit Floyd are (these days) a much better bet than the Aussie Floyd. The Aussies do a technically excellent show, but there seems to be little room for improvisation or anything: you know exactly what you are going to get. IIRC Nick Mason commented about the exact copy they seem to do, saying about them including little fumbles or errors he did, rather than playing them properly. Brit Floyd seem a bit more free to explore the music without doing an exact copy of, for example, the PULSE live release.

BTW anyone seeing Gilmour at the Royal Albert Hall this week?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here