Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Reds

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I know I know I shouldn't listen to football phone-ins but I had 5Live on in the background yesterday and it was lemming after lemming United or Liverpool fans with London accents phoning in. I can accept it on Talksport, but you'd expect 5Live to a bit more discerning. What really grinds my gears (#edna) is the way the pundits treat them like real football fans talking about their real teams and give them so much airtime. If anyone else was listening yesterday and heard that idiot going on about how he was going up to watch his first game of the season at Anfield in November and was going to try and get front row so he could give Klopp a hug because he is such a legend you will feel my pain.

Thanks for listening. All been done before I appreciate, but aaaaarrrrrrrggghhhhhh! Wankers!:rant:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Yeah I know what you mean, they support their club (which isn't really their club) by reading newspaper articles and watching on sky sports. I'm so glad to support my home town team. Wish more of these 'fans' on phone ins did.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I know I know I shouldn't listen to football phone-ins but I had 5Live on in the background yesterday and it was lemming after lemming United or Liverpool fans with London accents phoning in. I can accept it on Talksport, but you'd expect 5Live to a bit more discerning. What really grinds my gears (#edna) is the way the pundits treat them like real football fans talking about their real teams and give them so much airtime. If anyone else was listening yesterday and heard that idiot going on about how he was going up to watch his first game of the season at Anfield in November and was going to try and get front row so he could give Klopp a hug because he is such a legend you will feel my pain.

Thanks for listening. All been done before I appreciate, but aaaaarrrrrrrggghhhhhh! Wankers!:rant:

You seem very bitter....Just let it go!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think there is a massive difference between supporting a club, which we do with our local team, and simply following a team's results, which is all that they are able to do.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
:rant::rant:I get annoyed by the number of "fans" that phone into BBC Sussex after a home match to give their view of the game, and they haven't even been to the match.

I sit in my car on the way home listening to people's opinion of a game they have not even seen it.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
I know live and let live - each to their own and all that.

But, we also see it at home games when cheers go up in the concourse for respective "Prem" teams scoring a goal - I don't get it personally - not for me.

On the park/ride bus in on Saturday one guys yelps excitedly - "yeah United just scored" (whilst wearing an Albion shirt and looked around for others to share his joy) my response was crap I know but I said "What Leeds United?" knowing full well that Manchester United were the early kick off.

HAVE SOME PRIDE - FFS.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I know live and let live - each to their own and all that.

But, we also see it at home games when cheers go up in the concourse for respective "Prem" teams scoring a goal - I don't get it personally - not for me.

On the park/ride bus in on Saturday one guys yelps excitedly - "yeah United just scored" (whilst wearing an Albion shirt and looked around for others to share his joy) my response was crap I know but I said "What Leeds United?" knowing full well that Manchester United were the early kick off.

HAVE SOME PRIDE - FFS.

Saw a guy yesterday with a big Arsenal tattoo on this leg and wearing a BHA shirt......wonder if he regrets the tattoo or is he a JCL?

In the seats behind me yesterday, there was a conversation going on for most of the game between a Liverpool follower and a Manchester United follower about the progress of "their teams" this season and yesterday. Very distracting.

At least the Liverpool follower had a scouse accent. He's been an Albion season ticket holder since we moved to the Amex. But this doesn't excuse the complete failure to show any interest in what is going on in front of us - a football match against Barnsley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here