Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naughty Boys From Barnsley?

el punal

Did anyone notice a group of Barnsley fans getting a bit "excitable" at the game yesterday? About a dozen of them seem to be goading the family section in the East Stand with the all the familiar hand gestures - w**ker, pansy, see-you-outside, variety. One bloke stood out, wearing a blue T-shirt and red wooly hat, running up and down the steps to be confronted by stewards.

I wonder if they're not used to the sea air, the warm climate, and drinking Harvey's?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Of course they are not used to the sea air of the warm climate but drinking Harvey's would have rounded off a thoroughly miserable day for them. They probably stuck to the guest ale whatever that was.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Usually enjoy the larks with the away fans, but yesterday they were quite a detestable bunch of fans I thought, from my vantage point in the East Lower.

D

Deleted User X18H

Apparently Barbera didn't order in enough tripe.

FFS

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Did anyone notice a group of Barnsley fans getting a bit "excitable" at the game yesterday? About a dozen of them seem to be goading the family section in the East Stand with the all the familiar hand gestures - w**ker, pansy, see-you-outside, variety. One bloke stood out, wearing a blue T-shirt and red wooly hat, running up and down the steps to be confronted by stewards.

I wonder if they're not used to the sea air, the warm climate, and drinking Harvey's?

You mean this guy

DSC00032.JPG

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The few that were on the 17:21 train to Brighton were signing songs about some Miners strike a few years back, very tedious

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
They beat Millwall in the playoff final.

Maybe they were trying to replicate what it would have been like if the Londoners had gone up instead?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
About a dozen of them seem to be goading the family section in the East Stand with the all the familiar hand gestures - w**ker, pansy, see-you-outside, variety.

Are you the bloke who complained about that on twitter last night? The family stand is a small section with a few blocks at the north end of the east stand, I sit on the edge of it and it's not even up to the halfway line. We can barely see the opposition fans let alone hear their songs or see their gestures.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'd love to know what it is like to come to the Amex as an away hooligan. On the walk in you're greeted with smiles and a stadium that must overwhelm many. Inside, the stewards and catering are friendly and welcoming. On the terrace the ground is empty with 5 minutes to go. Then GOSBTS starts up and the noise erupts. Applauded for turning up. And then invited into the away end for a beer.
The future of football, shame it will all have to change with promotion.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Are you the bloke who complained about that on twitter last night? The family stand is a small section with a few blocks at the north end of the east stand, I sit on the edge of it and it's not even up to the halfway line. We can barely see the opposition fans let alone hear their songs or see their gestures.

You do get a fair number of family's up the other end ...mixed in with a few young lads who I think were happy to return the compliments of a small section of Barnsley supporters ...it was all a bit handbags from what I could see from the halfway line in EU ...the tit with the hat giving it large for most of the game even giving a steward a hug on the way out :moo:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The few that were on the 17:21 train to Brighton were signing songs about some Miners strike a few years back, very tedious

Sounds like they thought they'd spotted comrade [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]. Shame he was on a bus and missed this wistful look back at days gone by when strikes really were strikes.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Usually enjoy the larks with the away fans, but yesterday they were quite a detestable bunch of fans I thought, from my vantage point in the East Lower.

I'm quite surprised to be honest. Admittedly it was a good while ago, but my experience of Barnsley FC & it's fans has always been a positive one.

Back in the 80's and 90's I used to travel away quite a lot, and on one occasion when arriving at Oakwell early,and it was pouring with rain, my friend and I were asked in to the club by the secretary, and given a bit of a tour. We saw the trophy shelf, they hadn't won enough cups for it to be called a room, or even a cabinet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here