Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Next 3 Games

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Wednesday away you can always pencil in a loss, Ipswich will be tricky and Preston should be a win. 6 points should be the target, anything more would be a huge bonus

el punal

Wednesday away you can always pencil in a loss, Ipswich will be tricky and Preston should be a win. 6 points should be the target, anything more would be a huge bonus

Welcome to the Championship, where anyone can beat anyone, and anyone can lose when they're expected to win. Predict at your peril! :)

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
5 points would not be a disaster, especially as it means avoiding defeat at Hillsborough.
Ipswich don't appear to carry much of a goal threat (please don't let this one come back to haunt me), but are unlikely to roll over at home.
Preston at home does look very winnable right now.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I hope 6, think we will get 4 sadly. Draw at Portman Road, the annual disappointment at Wednesday and a comfortable home win.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
9 points should be the target but yes, 6 would be a good return. 7 would be very good

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
5 points would not be a disaster, especially as it means avoiding defeat at Hillsborough.
Ipswich don't appear to carry much of a goal threat (please don't let this one come back to haunt me), but are unlikely to roll over at home.
Preston at home does look very winnable right now.

We need to get out of the mindset of settling for a point away from home. Go for the win, don't worry about our unbeaten streak.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
9 points should be the target but yes, 6 would be a good return. 7 would be very good

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

8 would be really impressive.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Worryingly Wednesday's last three games have been decided in injury time, gonna be a nail biter.

I am going for the full 9 though

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The next 3 (or 2) will be a good test for our credentials, more so than the last 3 IMO.

Still worried about our striking options but I'll stick my neck out and take a punt on 7

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I fancy our chances at Wednesday this year, just for once

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Ipswich have lost Murphy who usually scores against us (not sure who they replaced him with?) however they are always tough to beat so I'll take a point.

Weds are blowing hot and cold at the moment - fans not entirely happy with Carlos for some reason, they believe the squad they've got should be alot higher in the table - probably right so it depends what side we see. Although "revenge" will very much be on the minds of our players so I think we'll get at least a point.

Preston are a good side but they look rather average - so I would have thought with it being at home, we should get the 3 points.

I'm going for 5pts at a minimum.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
We need to get out of the mindset of settling for a point away from home. Go for the win, don't worry about our unbeaten streak.

I don't believe my mindset has any significant bearing on the outcome. To gain promotion you need to amass enough points across the season (stating the bleeding obvious I know). No one knows how may points enough is, so part of the equation is depriving key rivals of points. If we gain 6 points from wins at Ipswich and home to Preston, but lose at Wednesday, this could be worse than taking 5 points, in the event that we finish close to Wednesday at the end of the season. Essentially a draw reduces the points tally available to Wednesday by 2.

Should Hughton be putting out sides to win the next three games? - absolutely
Would I be delighted if we picked up 9 points? - of course
Would be a disaster if we only picked up 5 points and slipped down the table at this stage? - No not really

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Point at the massive last season so same again this ...then 2wins would be the target....but as someone has said it's the championship predicting one game ahead is hard enough

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't believe my mindset has any significant bearing on the outcome. To gain promotion you need to amass enough points across the season (stating the bleeding obvious I know). No one knows how may points enough is, so part of the equation is depriving key rivals of points. If we gain 6 points from wins at Ipswich and home to Preston, but lose at Wednesday, this could be worse than taking 5 points, in the event that we finish close to Wednesday at the end of the season. Essentially a draw reduces the points tally available to Wednesday by 2.

Should Hughton be putting out sides to win the next three games? - absolutely
Would I be delighted if we picked up 9 points? - of course
Would be a disaster if we only picked up 5 points and slipped down the table at this stage? - No not really

We finished 15 points ahead of Wednesday last season and even more in front of Ipswich last season. If we have ambitions of finishing in the top 2 we surely need to be aiming to win both these games instead of settling for draws because we are reducing their point tallies. In the case of the likes of Norwich and Newcastle it's a different story as those sides are firm favorites to be top 2 at the end of the season. I was not referring to your mindset, more so the team's. I seem to remember in our unbeaten run last season we drew with some pretty mediocre sides away from home. Bolton, Huddersfield and a few others spring to mind.

SlamDunk

Jan 7, 2016
Ipswich have lost Murphy who usually scores against us (not sure who they replaced him with?) however they are always tough to beat so I'll take a point.

Weds are blowing hot and cold at the moment - fans not entirely happy with Carlos for some reason, they believe the squad they've got should be alot higher in the table - probably right so it depends what side we see. Although "revenge" will very much be on the minds of our players so I think we'll get at least a point.

Preston are a good side but they look rather average - so I would have thought with it being at home, we should get the 3 points.

I'm going for 5pts at a minimum.

They replaced Murphy with Leon Best...

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Ipswich aren't anywhere near as good as us so we should be beating them revenge should be high on the agenda at weds I'd love us to win there but I'd take a draw and we should be beating Preston at home hopeful of 9 expect 7

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
As a Wednesday :D fan, I'd probably take a point next week. We aren't so much "hit n miss" as unable to put 2 lots of 45 minutes together in the same match. We're profligate in front of goal this season, whereas last season once we'd got going we were pretty tight at the back and could be relied on to take our chance when it came.

We do have a never say die attitude at the moment though, and play right to the end. Should be a good one next week, looking forward to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here