Mill Road.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Get it all off your chests here.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
The stewards are idiots. They cause such unnecessary carnage. They insist on a 10min discussion with every individual driver, and create solid traffic all the way back on to the roundabout and A23, which in turn snarls everything up completely. Why don't they just send traffic through and out the top instead of making them all U Turn one after the other? It's all so unavoidable. They're on a power trip and aren't sufficiently supervised. Throw the women that insist on screaming back and forth at each other in to the mix, and it's just embarrassing.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I arrived just before 1:30. Got to the Amex within 30 minuets. Was empty when I left, but the steward at the top mentioned slow traffic and a broken down car on the A27!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Left MR 40 mins ago, still on the uni slip road.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Was in the queue for about 20 minutes & witnessed a steady stream of abuse aimed at the stewards - bloke on a motorbike barge his way through even though the road was closed. Woman in a car who insisted on driving up Mill Rd to turn round. woman with her kids insisting that she didn't need to queue with the rest of us. Bloke meaning that he shouldn't need to queue with his kids. All in about 20mins. People that slag the stewards off need to have a think about whether they would put up with all that......

Oh, & I'm still on the bus at 15:05 but I don't need to blame anyone else other than heavy traffic & the fact that I didn't get to Mill Rd till after 2pm.....

Being unfamiliar with the proximity of Mill Road to Falmer, I opened this thread wondering if Arundel FC were in danger of losing their picturesque ground! As you can see from the pics, it's the castle that seems to have been lost; any idea where it might have gone?
th
th

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Was in the queue for about 20 minutes & witnessed a steady stream of abuse aimed at the stewards - bloke on a motorbike barge his way through even though the road was closed. Woman in a car who insisted on driving up Mill Rd to turn round. woman with her kids insisting that she didn't need to queue with the rest of us. Bloke meaning that he shouldn't need to queue with his kids. All in about 20mins. People that slag the stewards off need to have a think about whether they would put up with all that......

Oh, & I'm still on the bus at 15:05 but I don't need to blame anyone else other than heavy traffic & the fact that I didn't get to Mill Rd till after 2pm.....

HAHAHAHAHA they're numpties and so are you. They get what they deserve. They should've let the bike and the car and everyone else through instead of wasting their time and everyone else's arguing with them unnecessarily. 300+ days a year it's a public road. We don't have to be selfish ********s about it. They don't want to park. Nothing gained by stopping everyone to challenge and scrutinise every action and feel empowered. Just keep the traffic moving. All their unnecessary chat and insistence on making all turn around is nothing but a power trip and the cause of all traffic.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
HAHAHAHAHA they're numpties and so are you. They get what they deserve. They should've let the bike and the car and everyone else through instead of wasting their time and everyone else's arguing with them unnecessarily. 300+ days a year it's a public road. We don't have to be selfish ********s about it. They don't want to park. Nothing gained by stopping everyone to challenge and scrutinise every action and feel empowered. Just keep the traffic moving. All their unnecessary chat and insistence on making all turn around is nothing but a power trip.

There are enough bloody signs saying the road is closed. These people are just morons.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
HAHAHAHAHA they're numpties and so are you. They get what they deserve. They should've let the bike and the car and everyone else through instead of wasting their time and everyone else's arguing with them unnecessarily. 300+ days a year it's a public road. We don't have to be selfish ********s about it. They don't want to park. Nothing gained by stopping everyone to challenge and scrutinise every action and feel empowered. Just keep the traffic moving. All their unnecessary chat and insistence on making all turn around is nothing but a power trip and the cause of all traffic.

Makes perfect sense now. You're either one of the tw@ts that can't read a road closed sign or an idiot that doesn't understand what a queue is. Good luck in life.......

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I got stuck in the queue for it and I was driving family back to Newhaven before getting the train back to falmer!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Got there at 12:45 as usual, parked about half way up, got a seat on the bus, arrived at the Amex at 13:15. No issues and no drama. Same as 95% of the other weeks to be honest.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
The stewards are idiots. They cause such unnecessary carnage. They insist on a 10min discussion with every individual driver, and create solid traffic all the way back on to the roundabout and A23, which in turn snarls everything up completely. Why don't they just send traffic through and out the top instead of making them all U Turn one after the other? It's all so unavoidable. They're on a power trip and aren't sufficiently supervised. Throw the women that insist on screaming back and forth at each other in to the mix, and it's just embarrassing.

I'm sure the stewards have been told not to let anyone through who isn't going to the football. So they aren't doing just for a power trip. It's the twats who can't read 'Road Closed' that are the problem. I've always found them to be a good bunch - helped me get my car out of the mud once.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Joined the queue 2.15 lamb pie and Harveys in hand 2.50.

Excellent steward at top, opened both doors and squeezed eveyone on

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
There are enough bloody signs saying the road is closed. These people are just morons.

Yep. Also morons.

Makes perfect sense now. You're either one of the tw@ts that can't read a road closed sign or an idiot that doesn't understand what a queue is. Good luck in life.......

Nope. Neither. So far, so pretty good thanks chump!

I'm sure the stewards have been told not to let anyone through who isn't going to the football. So they aren't doing just for a power trip. It's the twats who can't read 'Road Closed' that are the problem. I've always found them to be a good bunch - helped me get my car out of the mud once.

Some are, some aren't.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Joined the queue 2.15 lamb pie and Harveys in hand 2.50.

Excellent steward at top, opened both doors and squeezed eveyone on

Wow.

Abandoned car on that bit of gravel by the first roundabout a bit before 2.
Queued down the bottom for 30 mins.
Around 40 minutes on the bus.
Arrived at stadium at 3:05.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

This with bells on! Utter disarray today caused by a steward at the bottom who was just 'in the way'. Just stand back and let the traffic flow you idiot!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Wow.

Abandoned car on that bit of gravel by the first roundabout a bit before 2.
Queued down the bottom for 30 mins.
Around 40 minutes on the bus.
Arrived at stadium at 3:05.
I know you only opened the can of worms, but tbh, in your case you just arrived too late. You do realise it opened nearly two hours before you hit the gravel - not exactly first in line for a prompt arrival

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
When I came down Falmer Rd around 2:15 ish there was a broken down car towing a caravan which looked like the engine was alight. I would think this caused some tailbacks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know you only opened the can of worms, but tbh, in your case you just arrived too late. You do realise it opened nearly two hours before you hit the gravel - not exactly first in line for a prompt arrival
Tough to be in 2 places at the same time, what with still being at work at 1pm.

I started this while in the queue at the bottom as our steward was telling us about the 45 minute wait and 450 people horror show that was apparently happening at the top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here