Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Snowdogs By The Sea

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Martlets Hospice will benefit from this public art trail in the Brighton & Hove area. Folk are starting to post pictures of these amazing sculptures.

The trail has 45 giant Snowdog sculptures and is here for a couple of months.

The Snowdogs, are decorated by artists and sponsored by local businesses across Brighton & Hove. Eventually they will be sold in aid of The Martletts.

There's also 20 Snowdog puppy sculptures designed by local school children, which are on show at Brighton Museum & Art Gallery, Booth Museum of Natural History, Hove Library, Hove Museum and Jubilee Library.

The sculptures are fantastic. It's better than hunting out Pokemon anyway....

I wonder if NSC can get pictures of all 45 ?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
All the Snow Dogs

http://www.snowdogsbythesea.co.uk/the-trail/

Here is Rose!

44-Rose-300x240.jpg

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
They have a similar thing in Newtownmore in Scotland , they have over 150 wildcats all differently decorated , just like the snow dogs , good fun trying to find them

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There was a trail of 80 Gromits - Gromit Unleashed - in Bristol which raised a huge sum for Bristol Hospital Children's Charity firstly by sale of the paper maps and electronic map (app for smartphones), then auctioning off the 80 full-sized Gromits and finally making smaller versions of the Gromits which are still sold and collected to this day.

I recall reading that the trail was covered by well over 1m people, providing a boost of over £100m to the local economy.

This was followed by two 'Shaun in the City' trails - one in Bristol and the other in London, again raising a significant sum for the Hospital charity via the same methods.

Aardman Animations are based in Bristol, which was the tie to the city.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There was a trail of 80 Gromits - Gromit Unleashed - in Bristol which raised a huge sum for Bristol Hospital Children's Charity firstly by sale of the paper maps and electronic map (app for smartphones), then auctioning off the 80 full-sized Gromits and finally making smaller versions of the Gromits which are still sold and collected to this day.

I recall reading that the trail was covered by well over 1m people, providing a boost of over £100m to the local economy.

This was followed by two 'Shaun in the City' trails - one in Bristol and the other in London, again raising a significant sum for the Hospital charity via the same methods.

Aardman Animations are based in Bristol, which was the tie to the city.

Really enjoyed doing this, we were in Bristol in 2013 and saw many of the Grommits
We saw all the Shun the sheep sculptures in London and Bristol last year, great fun for kids and big kids like myself and my mrs.

Also went to Bath when they were doing Lions.
The good thing about these art trails is they take you to different parts of the citys that you maybe wouldn't visit.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

FFS they have only been on show for 3 days and this one at St Peter's Church has been vandalised with graffiti tags already. :annoyed:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That wasn't on the cards much, putting one round there.

I fear for the one in the Level then.
I've seen the map of where the Snowdogs are sited and most are in busy locations, I know some are indoors but I hope the other outdoor dogs don't get vandalised.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I fear for the one in the Level then.
I've seen the map of where the Snowdogs are sited and most are in busy locations, I know some are indoors but I hope the other outdoor dogs don't get vandalised.

I agree mate and the martlets is a charity very close to my heart for personal reasons, but let's be honest if you put these around central Brighton people are gonna do stuff like that.

its a fantastic project and it's really captured the imagination of the town, I hope the martlets do very well indeed out of this.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Some jerk(s) have apparantly cut off the head of the one at Preston Park, so it's out of commission. Hard to believe the scum that frequent this city.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was told this by one of the Snow dog volunteers in Sydney Street. If it's untrue then we don't have any scum frequentling the city!

Not sure if that Argus link has a photo of the damaged Snowdog from Preston Park ( I hate those links, take forever to load )
But the Snowdogs Twitter page has a photo of the damage, no mention of how it happened though.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also this one in East St has been patched up due to vandalism or a collision, no mention of how it happened on the Twitter page.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not sure if that Argus link has a photo of the damaged Snowdog from Preston Park ( I hate those links, take forever to load )
But the Snowdogs Twitter page has a photo of the damage, no mention of how it happened though.

Also this one in East St has been patched up due to vandalism or a collision, no mention of how it happened on the Twitter page.

The first one has clearly taken a kick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here