Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday drinking thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A Yeastie Boys Digital IPA on the way home; a glorious 6.5% juicy IPA with Nelson Sauvin hops. Now at home with a Brewdog Candy Kaiser NordDeutsches retro altbier.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Spot on. Recommended.

67247.png

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
A Yeastie Boys Digital IPA on the way home; a glorious 6.5% juicy IPA with Nelson Sauvin hops. Now at home with a Brewdog Candy Kaiser NordDeutsches retro altbier.

How very odd. I'm drinking a version of that very beer that I brewed myself some months ago. It's a very unbrewdog beer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How very odd. I'm drinking a version of that very beer that I brewed myself some months ago. It's a very unbrewdog beer.

I agree, normally Brewdog pour a ton of hops into their beer. I quite like alt as it makes a break from, and is quite different in taste, to the usual styles I drink. Out of interest what made you brew an alt?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I agree, normally Brewdog pour a ton of hops into their beer. I quite like alt as it makes a break from, and is quite different in taste, to the usual styles I drink. Out of interest what made you brew an alt?

Honestly it was one of the first beers that I had brewed and Brewdog just released diy dog and it seemed one of the more simple recipes. Plus I really like the style of Alts plus it's a very sessionable beer as opposed to a lot of my other brews! I have a Russian imperial stout that comes in at over 10% that I aged in a whiskey barrel, I also have quite a few Brett beers that are quite challenging.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Honestly it was one of the first beers that I had brewed and Brewdog just released diy dog and it seemed one of the more simple recipes. Plus I really like the style of Alts plus it's a very sessionable beer as opposed to a lot of my other brews! I have a Russian imperial stout that comes in at over 10% that I aged in a whiskey barrel, I also have quite a few Brett beers that are quite challenging.

Blimey. I'd quite fancy a night round yours; I love imperial stout and barrel aged beers. Good work

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

In fact here's my little collection of Imperial stouts. The Mikkeller George is 12% and, this one, is calvados barrel aged; one of my favourite beers.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 179

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Punk IPA now. Stone cold classic.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think it is time for some red wine

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Unfortunately my route home only allowed a visit to the local CoOp where I object to being fleeced for very ordinary fayre. I am now the underwhelmed owner of two bottles of poor quality own label fair trade plonk. Oh well, back to the good stuff tomorrow.....

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Unfortunately my route home only allowed a visit to the local CoOp where I object to being fleeced for very ordinary fayre. I am now the underwhelmed owner of two bottles of poor quality own label fair trade plonk. Oh well, back to the good stuff tomorrow.....

Feel the same with my local Co-op. Three bottles of beer for a £5 probably best "bargain" but very limited.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
In fact here's my little collection of Imperial stouts. The Mikkeller George is 12% and, this one, is calvados barrel aged; one of my favourite beers.

They actually had paradox Islay on in Bredon Brighton a few weeks back.
That Mikkeller number looks interesting. I've had dog d. Does the calvados character come out in the beer at all? I might have to hunt that one down as I really can't imagine how it tastes.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne

Agreed, CoOp is often disappointing. You need to be a premeditated pisshead, no leaving it to the last minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here