Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Manu worth a start on Sat?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well? what does everyone think?

I thought it was a shame he was substituted on Tuesday night. Certainly he seemed to have the beating of his full back, although admittedly his final ball didn't always find it's target. Certainly Murphy when he came on did no better.

With both Murphy and Skalak misfiring at the moment, and the team as a whole finding goals hard to come by, I think we could do a lot worse than give Elvis his first start on the left wing.

He seems to have performed well in each of the EFL Cup ties this season, so if not now, then when?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Well? what does everyone think?

I thought it was a shame he was substituted on Tuesday night. Certainly he seemed to have the beating of his full back, although admittedly his final ball didn't always find it's target. Certainly Murphy when he came on did no better.

With both Murphy and Skalak misfiring at the moment, and the team as a whole finding goals hard to come by, I think we could do a lot worse than give Elvis his first start on the left wing.

He seems to have performed well in each of the EFL Cup ties this season, so if not now, then when?

No and never - have you really watched him play?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
yes.... from the cup games I have seen he has improved AND offers something which the three forwards don't i.e. the ability to run at people at pace.perhaps on the bench and come on at 60 mins

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I did notice that both Skalak and Murphy were being lined up for a double sub. They didn't get on when they wanted them on, and had to wait a minute or so. In that minute, Manu made another little troublesome run ending in a freekick for us in a good place, and I watched Hew-ton turn and hold back the Murphy substitution. My take was that Hughton recognised that after that piece of skill, it was not the time to sub him? One of the better players on Tuesday night

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I thought Tuesday was his best game so far in an Albion shirt, and started to give an indication of why he was brought to the club.

I don't however see him starting on Saturday I would expect only 1 change from the Burton game with probably Baldock coming back in for 1 of Murphy/Skalak.

At this stage Elvis is probably filling the KLL role from the bench for the last 15/20 minutes.

However if he continues to play as he did on Tuesday then I can see him starting wide shortly.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Baldock and Hemed - the only proven partnership despite SB's lack of goals (in my opinion anyway)

Like you, I still think Sam Baldock adds some value to the team, whilst admitting that his goal per game ratio should be a lot higher, he does dovetail well with the main striker, lays on chances and has a tremendous work rate.

Hemed and Murray, in my opinion anyway, are far too similar to play well together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here