Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blimey... I always thought Daphne was the one to look out for...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-37437498

CJ de Mooi, a former panellist on the BBC quiz show Eggheads, has been arrested on a European arrest warrant under his real name Joseph Connagh for an alleged killing, Scotland Yard said.

The 46-year-old from Monmouthshire was arrested at Heathrow Airport on Wednesday, according to Metropolitan Police.

The warrant issued in the Netherlands relates to an allegation of murder. Mr Connagh will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Thursday.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Why do people say this stuff in autobiographies and assume nothing will happen? Should have just kept his gob shut.

Eggheads star CJ de Mooi has been arrested on suspicion of murder under a European arrest warrant for an alleged killing more than 20 years ago.

De Mooi was detained under his real name Joseph Connagh at Heathrow Airport on Wednesday, Scotland Yard said.

He is wanted over an alleged killing in the Netherlands and will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Thursday.

De Mooi, a former president of the English Chess Federation, revealed in his autobiography that he may have killed a man while he lived on the streets two decades ago.

The 46-year-old, who lives in Monmouthshire, said he punched a man who approached him with a knife and then threw him into a canal in Amsterdam in 1988.

"He caught me on the wrong day and I just snapped"

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I thought this thread was going to be about the 'adult' version of Scooby Doo :(

I thought it was going to be Daphne from Neighbours...
200px-Daphne_Clarke.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why do people say this stuff in autobiographies and assume nothing will happen? Should have just kept his gob shut.

De Mooi ... revealed in his autobiography that he may have killed a man while he lived on the streets two decades ago.
said he punched a man who approached him with a knife and then threw him into a canal in Amsterdam in 1988.

:eek:

What an idiot.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was worried Celeste had done something terrible...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He punched someone and threw them in a canal and walked off i think?

Come on, hand on heart, who among us can honestly say they haven't done the same.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Eggheads star CJ de Mooi has been arrested on suspicion of murder under a European arrest warrant for an alleged killing more than 20 years ago.

De Mooi was detained under his real name Joseph Connagh at Heathrow Airport on Wednesday, Scotland Yard said.

He is wanted over an alleged killing in the Netherlands and will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Thursday.

De Mooi, a former president of the English Chess Federation, revealed in his autobiography that he may have killed a man while he lived on the streets two decades ago.

The 46-year-old, who lives in Monmouthshire, said he punched a man who approached him with a knife and then threw him into a canal in Amsterdam in 1988.

This. When I read his autobiography I was thinking exactly that, but I guess CJ's ego wouldn't let him leave it out, even if his editor/publisher should have intervened.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here