Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Country Fans - Forever Country

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I know there are a few of us around here, so I thought I'd bring this to your attention in case you'd missed it.

As this year is the 50th CMA Awards, a special song has been released under the 'Forever Country' banner, featuring 30 artists past and present who have each contributed a line or two in a similar way to that version of 'Perfect Day' from years ago. The song itself is a mix/medley of "Take Me Home (Country Roads)", "I Will Always Love You" and "On The Road Again", and the video can be seen here:

[yt]E2pAslx5az8[/yt]

I thought it was a nice touch to include Randy Travis in the video even though he isn't in the song itself for obvious reasons.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know there are a few of us around here, so I thought I'd bring this to your attention in case you'd missed it.

As this year is the 50th CMA Awards, a special song has been released under the 'Forever Country' banner, featuring 30 artists past and present who have each contributed a line or two in a similar way to that version of 'Perfect Day' from years ago. The song itself is a mix/medley of "Take Me Home (Country Roads)", "I Will Always Love You" and "On The Road Again", and the video can be seen here:

[yt]E2pAslx5az8[/yt]

I thought it was a nice touch to include Randy Travis in the video even though he isn't in the song itself for obvious reasons.

Never even heard of Randy Travis but interested to know what the "obvious reasons" were?

Personally love Country Rock, can't be doing with old school Country and Western though.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Never even heard of Randy Travis but interested to know what the "obvious reasons" were?

He had a stroke a few years ago and has not recovered to the point of being able to actually sing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He had a stroke a few years ago and has not recovered to the point of being able to actually sing.

Ah, OK, thanks. Strokes can be terrible things :down:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Personally love Country Rock, can't be doing with old school Country and Western though.

I've not heard of him either but Google reveals that he lost the ability to speak or sing after a massive stroke a few years ago.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Can I just say: I love Willie.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Here's my contribution to this thread...

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks

[yt]E2pAslx5az8[/yt]

Cheers, love that. Plenty of my favourites in there from Jason Aldean, Blake Shelton, Brett Eldredge and Eric Church through to the lovely Carrie and Miranda.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here