Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus finding Iife hard in Spain.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
http://www.realbetisbalompie.es/en/...-hay-que-tener-cuidado-porque-ya-van-dos-o-tr

Poyet; "Five games so far and I'm already tired of the mistakes against us"

This is a job and we depend on what happens on the pitch”, said the manager
After the game at Sánchez Pizjuan, Gustavo Poyet has made a press conference in which he has shown his annoyance for the decisions made by the umpire.

Disallowed goal: “In a game like this, the differences are small, just details. When a play is difficult to be judged, I’m always on the ref’s side. When is this evident, I can’t support him. Last week, the same. Five games so far and I’m already tired of the mistakes against us. I can’t say anything or they’ll ban me, so I hope you say something. Stop talking nonsense and start telling what happened today. There were two times fighting on the pitch and a decision determined the game. The game was like the old classics: fighting for the ball, people angry, complains. I want to hear the explanation, because it was so evident that I want to know. Last week I heard an apology about the mistakes in the game against Deportivo. Let’s be careful, this is a job and it depends on what happens on the pitch. There have been two or three in five games.”

Pressure on the rival: “It’s not that easy. We had to cope with many things. Perfection would have been being aggressive with the ball and calm without it. We didn’t find that balance and had to play more long balls than usual. From the outside is easy to say that I wanted more control, more chances. But this is a derby, and they are like this. At least, the ones I played, they weren’t beautiful at all.”

I think GP had it easy at Albion! :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm going for 19:41.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
To be fair - have you seen the goal they had disallowed?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
7 minutes out - not a bad effort.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
http://www.realbetisbalompie.es/en/...-hay-que-tener-cuidado-porque-ya-van-dos-o-tr

Poyet; "Five games so far and I'm already tired of the mistakes against us"

This is a job and we depend on what happens on the pitch”, said the manager
After the game at Sánchez Pizjuan, Gustavo Poyet has made a press conference in which he has shown his annoyance for the decisions made by the umpire.

Disallowed goal: “In a game like this, the differences are small, just details. When a play is difficult to be judged, I’m always on the ref’s side. When is this evident, I can’t support him. Last week, the same. Five games so far and I’m already tired of the mistakes against us. I can’t say anything or they’ll ban me, so I hope you say something. Stop talking nonsense and start telling what happened today. There were two times fighting on the pitch and a decision determined the game. The game was like the old classics: fighting for the ball, people angry, complains. I want to hear the explanation, because it was so evident that I want to know. Last week I heard an apology about the mistakes in the game against Deportivo. Let’s be careful, this is a job and it depends on what happens on the pitch. There have been two or three in five games.”

Pressure on the rival: “It’s not that easy. We had to cope with many things. Perfection would have been being aggressive with the ball and calm without it. We didn’t find that balance and had to play more long balls than usual. From the outside is easy to say that I wanted more control, more chances. But this is a derby, and they are like this. At least, the ones I played, they weren’t beautiful at all.”

I think GP had it easy at Albion! :)

I have no ****ing idea what he is saying, from that translation, but I am guessing he is having a gripe against decisions made against his team?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What happened to Greece ? Thought he was still there
On 29 October 2015, AEK Athens reported that Poyet had agreed in principle to be the club's manager until summer 2016.[SUP][43][/SUP] In February 2016, he guided his team to successive wins against neighbours Olympiacos and Panathinaikos.[SUP][44][/SUP]He was sacked on 19 April 2016 due to conflicts with club president Dimitris Melissanidis.[SUP][45][/SUP][SUP][46]

...according to Wikipedia

This quite interesting as well

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ral-by-aek-athens-owner-dimitris-melissanidis

[/SUP]

He does seem to have developed a problem with owners.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Don t know why everyone goes on about hitting the ceiling.he was right we went on and sold all are main assets buckley bridicut ulloa and there was no more money. Apart from last season the best football I ve seen albion play was under gus good luck to him.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Just out of interest I wonder what team would have won last seasons or gus 2013 team on paper I think poyets is better.
mixed 11

kushack
bridge
upson
dunk
bruno
Bridcutt
stevens
Vicente
knockart
ulloa
bobby z

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Did Gus get an out of court payout in the end following his dismissal, I can remember a 'mutual agreement' being reached but was that code for compensation?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Don t know why everyone goes on about hitting the ceiling.he was right we went on and sold all are main assets buckley bridicut ulloa and there was no more money. Apart from last season the best football I ve seen albion play was under gus good luck to him.

I think it's more the way he said it in front of the Sky cameras straight after we had just witnessed one of the most painful defeats in our history that rankles with a lot of us.

Despite his flaws, he was a great manager for the Albion, but he has been nothing short of a disaster in his subsequent roles. Yeah, we haven't disproved that we've 'hit the ceiling', but it's looking increasingly likely that Gus hit his own personal 'ceiling' that season...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just out of interest I wonder what team would have won last seasons or gus 2013 team on paper I think poyets is better.
mixed 11

kushack
bridge
upson
dunk
bruno
Bridcutt
stevens
Vicente
knockart
ulloa
bobby z

BG would have been happy with the left back

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Did Gus get an out of court payout in the end following his dismissal, I can remember a 'mutual agreement' being reached but was that code for compensation?

Nope, he was sacked for gross misconduct and lost his internal appeal. He apparently opted not to take it to the courts because it would've held up taking the Sunderland job IIRC.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Nope, he was sacked for gross misconduct and lost his internal appeal. He apparently opted not to take it to the courts because it would've held up taking the Sunderland job IIRC.
Ok so the mutual agreement was basically him dropping the threat of a court case for us not making waves with his Sunderland appointment? Seems like Bloom won that little skirmish.

Funny how things slip your mind, it's all water under the bridge now though.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
He could have had it all here . Silly man. What a waste.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here