He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Man U are going to absolutely batter Northampton tonight [emoji884]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Have to give to the support, 40k crowd, impressive esp when you consider recent performances

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Have to give to the support, 40k crowd, impressive esp when you consider recent performances

Loads of football tourists boosting up the numbers will be interesting to see if it lasts. Quite a few girls from work who live out that way went last night most who've never been to a football match before.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, redevelop that east stand (if they could) and it would have been fine.

I always thought there was a problem with them building that East stand, but then I discovered this:

https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/2014/03/16/the-east-stand-that-was-never-built

Had they built that, I reckon Upton Park would have been one of the best football grounds in the country. Instead, they've ended up with an oversized, non-atmospheric bowl just about outside of their heartland - all because the owners got it on the cheap. They've thrown their soul in the BIN.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I always thought there was a problem with them building that East stand, but then I discovered this:

https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/2014/03/16/the-east-stand-that-was-never-built

Had they built that, I reckon Upton Park would have been one of the best football grounds in the country. Instead, they've ended up with an oversized, non-atmospheric bowl just about outside of their heartland - all because the owners got it on the cheap. They've thrown their soul in the BIN.

They've become another franchise, wouldn't be surprised if they changed their name to London Olympic or something. Must be a marketing opportunity to overseas money men that there is no club with London in it's title

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I was very quick to mock and berate West Ham fans for getting a massive stadium on the cheap but actually ended up spending most of the journey to Burton in a train carriage full of them. Not one of them wanted to move from Upton Park. Made me remember it isn't the fans who wanted it, by and large. Just more money grabbing from disconnected owners.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here