Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tannoy Announcer

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
We've had "Jamie Murray" twice so far this season. Fair enough, we've got a Jamie Murphy and a Glenn Murray and the guy might be a big fan of doubles tennis which can lead to slightly understandable confusion.

Last night was something else. How on Earth can you confuse Rohan Ince - a 6'3 black man built like an absolute tank - with Uwe Hunemeier - a blonde haired German who in a different life could've been a poster boy for the Aryan race?

The posh new bloke doing the announcing must be on a wind up as nobody with half a brain cell could get things so muddled up. It is almost Partridge-esque in its comedy

Long may it continue

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
We've had "Jamie Murray" twice so far this season. Fair enough, we've got a Jamie Murphy and a Glenn Murray and the guy might be a big fan of doubles tennis which can lead to slightly understandable confusion.

Last night was something else. How on Earth can you confuse Rohan Ince - a 6'3 black man built like an absolute tank - with Uwe Hunemeier - a blonde haired German who in a different life could've been a poster boy for the Aryan race?

The posh new bloke doing the announcing must be on a wind up as nobody with half a brain cell could get things so muddled up. It is almost Partridge-esque in its comedy

Long may it continue

I can only assume he looked at the electronic board and didn't notice the 2 in front of the 4!

It is comical, he really hasn't got a clue!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

At a Sussex v Lancashire match in the late 70s, my dad was asked by a Sussex supporter which Lloyd was which because he couldn't tell David and Clive apart. My dad said that Clive was the one in the glasses ..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can only assume he looked at the electronic board and didn't notice the 2 in front of the 4!

It is comical, he really hasn't got a clue!

He got himself in a pickle with the electronic board too. Blackett was already off with a red card showing, but when Swift got booked, it changed to a yellow.
This was then switched to Quinn, and the red reallocated to Blackett. Finally the yellow card ended up on Swift as it should've done in the first place.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
He got himself in a pickle with the electronic board too. Blackett was already off with a red card showing, but when Swift got booked, it changed to a yellow.
This was then switched to Quinn, and the red reallocated to Blackett. Finally the yellow card ended up on Swift as it should've done in the first place.

I didn't realise he updates the scoreboard..I was talking about the board the 4th officials hold up!

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Not sure if it has changed now but the guy that previously done this said they cannot see the pitch from where they sit and rely on the info being given to them to announce.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I didn't realise he updates the scoreboard..I was talking about the board the 4th officials hold up!

Ah ok. I was talking about the PA guy. Maybe he has an assistant to do the scoreboard. In which case, we've got a few on work experience.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Long may it continue

Very true. The main problem I have with him though, is the fact that quite simply, I can't make out what he is saying half the time. He doesn't have a powerful enough voice to do the job.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
You're lucky you can hear anything over the tannoy system.

We sit in the northwest and can't hear a bloody thing at all!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If there was an emergency it would be a major problem because he is very poor. Why cannot Richie Reynolds who is used to having a mike in hands not double up as they rarely overlap.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
If there was an emergency it would be a major problem because he is very poor. Why cannot Richie Reynolds who is used to having a mike in hands not double up as they rarely overlap.
A good suggestion. I don't know what Reynolds does during the game but he's excellent otherwise.

Real shame Nick Osborne quit. Perfect voice for it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here