Dunk
Pog

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Skalak

Murray
Manu

In terms of attributes I think Murray and Manu is the most logical pairing we have. Murray is a better version of Hemed, and Manu looks more of a goal threat than Baldock, whilst retaining a lot of pace.

What I think will happen:

Stock

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bong

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Skalak

Baldock
Hemed

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Don't agree that Murray is better than Hemed. Very different players in my opinion.

Also Hemed appears to be in better form at the moment. Can't remember Murray having a good game for a while.

Think one factor we've missed recently is the speed in the final third, some of our play was lightning quick last year with the Baldock/Hemed partnership and we appear to lose that when Murray plays instead of one of them. Having said that, Murray has a better historical goal record than the other two - but doesn't mean he's the better option.

Agree Manu should start, whether down the left again or up front. He's been our best player on both home cup games and deserves a start in my opinion.

Would prefer Pog to Bong from what I've seen so far, but would be a very bold pick by Hughton, can't see it myself.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't agree that Murray is better than Hemed. Very different players in my opinion.

Also Hemed appears to be in better form at the moment. Can't remember Murray having a good game for a while.

Very different how? Hemed fancies himself a target man, whilst not being strong or good enough in the air to achieve it. I know I come across a Murray fanboy but I genuinely cannot think of a single attribute where Tomer beats Glenn.

Heading
Finishing
Positional sense
Passing
Movement
Link play
Defensive help at set pieces

Murray is comfortably better at all of them. Pace wise they're about even.

In my opinion he's the best striker at the club so we should be setting up the side to get the most out of him. Hemed and Murray together will not. I think Murray and Manu just might. We know Baldock and Hemed probably isn't quite good enough.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Very different how? Hemed fancies himself a target man, whilst not being strong or good enough in the air to achieve it. I know I come across a Murray fanboy but I genuinely cannot think of a single attribute where Tomer beats Glenn.

Heading
Finishing
Positional sense
Passing
Movement
Link play

In my opinion he's the best striker at the club so we should be setting up the side to get the most out of him. Hemed and Murray together will not. I think Murray and Manu just might. We know Baldock and Hemed probably isn't quite good enough.

Summed up brilliantly

:doffscap:

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
I think that the front two conundrum is one that is not resolved yet, apart from the fact that Hughton appears to have realised that Hemed/Murray is not an option in the starting line-up.

I think Baldock and Hemed will start.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Heading - I would say equal heading ability - though Murray physically is better in the air than Hemed, and wins more headers as a result.

Finishing - disagree, I would say Hemed's finishing is better

Positional sense - Wouldn't like to say either way, think they are both good at this. Exampled in last nights goal.

Passing - Hemed, comfortably IMO - much better with his feet.

Movement - again disagree, Murray is slower than Hemed, over a distance and with his feet.

Link play - In the air - Murray, on the floor, comfortably Hemed

Defensive help at set pieces - Agree Murray better.

I think they are both good players. Murray superior in the air, Hemed on the floor. If we were to play hoof ball I'd rather have Murray, for floor based quick tempo attacking football - i'd rather have Hemed. Depends on the situation.

Both good players to have. It's just a shame they can't play well together like Zamora and Hemed did last year. Then we'd really be a threat.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Agree Manu should start, whether down the left again or up front. He's been our best player on both home cup games and deserves a start in my opinion.

I haven't been to either of the home cup games so I'm quite surprised to hear this. On the few occasions I've watched Elvis he has alternated between being offside and falling on the ground. I'm pleased he is showing something more so on this basis would be delighted to see him up front with GM.
Most of the rest of the team appears to pick itself but I would go for Murphy over Skalak as if JM can regain the form of the middle of last season he is a real attacking threat.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Getting bored of saying it, Murray is better than Hemed whatever way you look at it.

That doesn't mean I think Murray should start every game.

What is obvious though is Murray and Hemed is not a good combination

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Heading
Finishing
Positional sense
Passing
Movement
Link play

You say all that, but Murray's form conjures images of barn doors, cows arses and banjos. Form is, of course, subject to change.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What I want to happen:

Stock

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Pog

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Skalak

Murray
Manu

In terms of attributes I think Murray and Manu is the most logical pairing we have. Murray is a better version of Hemed, and Manu looks more of a goal threat than Baldock, whilst retaining a lot of pace.

What I think will happen:

Stock

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bong

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Skalak

Baldock
Hemed

You obviously didnt go last night. Pocognoli was not as good as Bong and the best option and most likely to score a goal is either Hemed or Murray and Baldock with the other one and Manu to bring on if needed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Heading
Finishing
Positional sense
Passing
Movement
Link play

For arguments sake lets take that as 100% correct.

I'm curious, how much better would you say Murray is, in all those areas, over Hemed?

I guess % would be the obvious parameter, but if you would rather use free form expressive modern dance, be my guest.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton

Heading
Finishing
Positional sense
Passing
Movement
Link play

May be Hemed has that indefinable something?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I do believe our Tomer is hiding a terrible dark secret.

I'm as sure as anyone can be that in his yoof Tomer killed a man with a rasping thunder******* of a shot.
I believe he promised himself, the widow and her 37 young children, that he'd never kill again.

Which is why, to this day, no goal scored by Tomer has ever bulged the back of the net.

: disclaimer - some or all facts in the above might not be all that factual.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I'm on the fence.

I think you'll find from STATS that Murray is better at finishing than Hemed - He has a higher accuracy % and a higher conversion rate than Hemed. E.g. % of shots on target actually going in.

One thing i have noticed in Murrays game is he can be quite weak in the air? - Hemed is a solid lad, when the balls coming into him he is rarely ever bullied off it, same can't be said for Murray.

But everyone has their own opinion.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Stockdale
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Bong
Knockaert-Stephens-Kayal-Murphy
Hemed-Baldock

Sticking with the tried and trusted. Murray and Manu available in case of forward malfunction.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't agree about heading ability; Hemed wouldn't've got half of these, league one or not.

hmmmm watching that I'm wondering what the NSC reaction would be if that montage was was being played regarding a potential new signing.

I can't help thinking it wouldn't be all that favourable, even before we moved onto the defending.

It's no wonder he skewed that seasons tally with a bazillion against Wycombe (and no other goals for x months).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here