Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A23 DERBY! This saturday. Mile Oak v Croydon

1 point to the first person to point out this isn't a derby/explain the difference between a rivalry and a derby.

Have Old Village still got a team?

Its a massive game??? Even the weeds have taken the side terrace:moo:

Attachments

• DSC00591.JPG
    DSC00591.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 313

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
1 point to the first person to point out this isn't a derby/explain the difference between a rivalry and a derby.

Have Old Village still got a team?

Can it even be classed as a rivalry? They play in different leagues!?!

Croydon are a half decent side and like to get it down and play.

Their neighbours AFC Croydon Athletic on the other hand just like to kick the shit out of the opposition and moan like little girls. Seems to be working for them though as they are 5 points clear in the scefl. Expect a more physical game...the Kent league is noticeably more so than the Sussex league.

Can it even be classed as a rivalry? They play in different leagues!?!

Croydon are a half decent side and like to get it down and play.

Their neighbours AFC Croydon Athletic on the other hand just like to kick the shit out of the opposition and moan like little girls. Seems to be working for them though as they are 5 points clear in the scefl. Expect a more physical game...the Kent league is noticeably more so than the Sussex league.

Ah, I just assumed this was the Croydon that was top of Crowboroughs league. I'll google em

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Ah, I just assumed this was the Croydon that was top of Crowboroughs league. I'll google em

Nope. Croydon FC. Easy away day should go to a replay (which I believe the Vase does??). Only about 10 minutes on the tram from East Croydon.

We played both Croydon sides in the space of a few days a couple of weeks back. Crowborough deserved bugger all out of the game against AFC and deservedly lost but what a horrible club they are. Second season running we've had issues with them. They are away to Eastbourne United have fun with that anyone going.

Croydon FC on the other hand actually want to play football rather than scrap so should be a good game.

Crowborough are home to Gravesham Borough who are struggling in the division below. Given our recent form in cup competitions its far from a foregone conclusion. I'll be at Eintract Frankfurt Herta Berlin though so won't get to experience the "magic" of the Vase.

Dare I ask what is happening about you game at Worthing?

Nope. Croydon FC. Easy away day should go to a replay (which I believe the Vase does??). Only about 10 minutes on the tram from East Croydon.

We played both Croydon sides in the space of a few days a couple of weeks back. Crowborough deserved bugger all out of the game against AFC and deservedly lost but what a horrible club they are. Second season running we've had issues with them. They are away to Eastbourne United have fun with that anyone going.

Croydon FC on the other hand actually want to play football rather than scrap so should be a good game.

Crowborough are home to Gravesham Borough who are struggling in the division below. Given our recent form in cup competitions its far from a foregone conclusion. I'll be at Eintract Frankfurt Herta Berlin though so won't get to experience the "magic" of the Vase.

Dare I ask what is happening about you game at Worthing?

A bit longer than 10 minutes on the tram but a nice trip all the same! Got that derby feeling! Up the oak:hilton:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Isn't there a MOC for this sort of stuff. Why would any NSC users go there when we are at home. With my pint and nibbled pie before me, listening to should we start with Elvis banter. :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here