Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

County Championship Finale

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Putting aside Sussex's struggles looks like it could be one of the all time great CC finishes this week. Three sides with all to play for and all with genuine chances at the end of the week of lifting the title. From a personal perspective I'd love to see Somerset win their first ever title, a county who are always entertaining and have done a lot for English cricket, I hope this is their time. ultimately though cricket will be the winner from what should be a fascinating week.

Current odds:

Middlesex 6/4
Yorkshire 7/4
Somerset 9/4

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
The way it's set up it could be a great 4 days. Lets hope for some good weather and good cricket. Early wicket for Yorks but Gubbins looks in good form for Middlesex

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's not a game that affects the Championship, but Leics are 64-7 against Glamorgan. There's a game that's not going to reach a third day

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm pleased Sky Sports finally saw sense and are broadcasting the game from Lords. Originally they hadn't planned to.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I'm pleased Sky Sports finally saw sense and are broadcasting the game from Lords. Originally they hadn't planned to.

Just got home and watching the evening session. Rob Key is such a passionate advocate of county cricket.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Somerset are doing their part. 300/2 looking set to pick up all the batting points. Although you've got to wonder if it's another batman's paradise.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I take FULL credit

Ball to Rogers, OUT
CJL Rogers c Mullaney b Ball 132 (258m 204b 18x4 0x6) SR: 64.70

Somerset 302/3

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Somerset now 322/9 :ohmy:

5 wickets for NO runs, very Sussexesque.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Advantage Yorkshire??

Bowled Middlesx out for 270 but batting has been their achilles heel this season. Somerset still well in it after reducing Notts to 35/1.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Advantage Yorkshire??

Bowled Middlesx out for 270 but batting has been their achilles heel this season. Somerset still well in it after reducing Notts to 35/1.

I would have said advantage Yorkshire an hour ago too, but with Yorkshire at 57/4 it's swung Middlesex's way. Former Sussex and Bexhill CC man Andy Hodd is at the crease.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I would have said advantage Yorkshire an hour ago too, but with Yorkshire at 57/4 it's swung Middlesex's way. Former Sussex and Bexhill CC man Andy Hodd is at the crease.

Definitely advantage Middlesex and looks like a result weather permitting either way so looking bleak for Somerset :nono:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Awful start for Yorkshire, Lyth aside, and probably a batsman short so the next few partnerships are crucial.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
At the half way stage the game at Lords could still go 3 ways, and with Somerset firmly in the driving seat against Nottinghamshire this is a great end to the title race.

Zawn Kellys

Feb 14, 2012
I would love to see Somerset win it. Assuming they win against Notts, I think they will win CC if Midds don't win and if Yorks don't win and score 350+ - is that right? So, Yorks to be all out for less than 350 and go on to win - or a draw. sound right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here