Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Number 23 bus after a match

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
With no P&R tonight, I am thinking of the getting the 23 bus back from The Amex tonight. Can anyone that has used it tell me how busy it gets and how likely I am to get on the first one after the game?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It depends on where you get it. If you can get on on its way to the Uni from the Amex or up at the Uni. which some drivers allow, you will get a seat if you wait until it gets back to The Amex you will get on but probably not get a seat. It will probably be full before the Falmer station stop. This is normal home games but tonight will not be a jarge crowd.I wouldnt think.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
With no P&R tonight, I am thinking of the getting the 23 bus back from The Amex tonight. Can anyone that has used it tell me how busy it gets and how likely I am to get on the first one after the game?

It'll be difficult to say for tonight really. Much smaller crowd than usual, but no P&R and fewer trains means it's hard to predict how busy the buses will be. You've also got to factor in that University has restarted now, although the 23 is probably less likely to be busy with Freshers heading in to town due to its route.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

It fills up, as do all buses immediately post match.

But if you go to the Village Way stop, cross the road to the stop opposite and put your hand out when the 23 comes then you will be first on it if he decides to stop, followed by the bus queue from across the road!!. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I think this is the one i get from Churchill square sometimes, not sure i leave logistics to others and drinking to myself.

Always fine, if you're getting on at the old stein or London Road you could have problems.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've used it a fair few times. It will be busy at the stadium, and you may not get on it, but most will depart at the bottom of Elm Grove so, if you can get that far, you'll easily be able to get on the next 23 that comes along. In other words, get any bus to the bottom of Elm Grove, and a 23 from there.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I've used it a fair few times. It will be busy at the stadium, and you may not get on it, but most will depart at the bottom of Elm Grove so, if you can get that far, you'll easily be able to get on the next 23 that comes along. In other words, get any bus to the bottom of Elm Grove, and a 23 from there.

Good call. :thumbsup: I hadn't thought of that.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think this is the one i get from Churchill square sometimes, not sure i leave logistics to others and drinking to myself.

Always fine, if you're getting on at the old stein or London Road you could have problems.

No! The 23 comes from the Marina, along Eastern Road, cuts up to Queens Park, down Elm Grove and along Lewes Road. You are thinking 25!

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
It was a nightmare after the Hudderfsield match - one, because of the short-order notice of train cancellations, and two - there were a lot of new students heading into town on freshers' nights out.

That said, it's normally a pretty decent service.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You will get a bus, but sometimes it can be a lengthy wait with cars coming up the hill to the Brighton Uni stop from the Virgin Gym as the bus can't get round to the stop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here