Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you be suspended by the NHS without being given a reason ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A friend of friend says they have but I didn't think they could do this ?

Sounds strange given that any suspension should be part of a formal procedure which should lay out allegations and give a period of time before a formal hearing.

It's not like Barton's suspension from Rangers before his formal suspension today is it?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Sounds strange given that any suspension should be part of a formal procedure which should lay out allegations and give a period of time before a formal hearing.

It's not like Barton's suspension from Rangers before his formal suspension today is it?

No. To be honest it's somebody who has said this but he has just started dating my cousin. Seems strange.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Hmmm, no. As studio said though claims or 'charges' may come soon. If not start questioning it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Why he's been suspended ?

I can't imagine that you'll be able to simply because, and I don't mean this rudely, it's none of your business from the employer's point of view.

Speaking as someone who deals with workplace disciplinary matters as part of my job, there is a very strict procedure in my company which has to be followed to the letter when it comes to suspending people, and I would be very surprised if the NHS were much/any different in that regard. Based on what you've said, I'd take an educated guess that him claiming to have been suspended with no reason given is a lie.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I know data protection would stop me from finding out from employer but what other ways are there ?

you cant really, you just have to go along with his protestation. there is no way a bureaucratic monster such as the NHS would suspend an employee without justified, documented reasons, they'll have pages of procedure to follow. claims to the contrary would make me very suspicious of them or what they accused of, which i assume is why you are here.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Based on what you've said, I'd take an educated guess that him claiming to have been suspended with no reason given is a lie.

This with big jangling bells on. That said, remember that a suspension could've been earnt for a stupid mistake just as much as it could something sinister.

Might be nothing to worry about at all!
Thought you said friend of a friend?
Post #3 old chap.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
This with big jangling bells on. That said, remember that a suspension could've been earnt for a stupid mistake just as much as it could something sinister.

Might be nothing to worry about at all!

Post #3 old chap.

Ahh.enlightenment. My bad!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If it's the BSUH then I would believe anything. Their HR is a shower of shite that causes more problems than they resolve!!!! Because they are in special measures management seemingly seeking scapegoats lower down the ranks for their own shortcomings!!!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Although nominally a neutral act most suspensions occur when there is suspected gross misconduct and/or there is concern that the individual may interfere with any investigation and/or damage company property/reputation if they remain in the workplace.

I have never known anyone be suspended without reasons being put to them at the point of suspension or very shortly afterwards.

The reason you suspend in (alleged) gross misconduct cases is that it is difficult to dismiss someone on the grounds of irretrievable breakdown of trust and confidence (or similar) if you have allowed them to remain in the workplace...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is somewhat reminiscent of all the threads on here that begin:-

'I was just quietly watching the game when, for no reason, 5 stewards jumped me and threw me out of the stadium'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here