Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

200 billion daddy long legs

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Annoying *******s. Sneak in through the smallest gap in the window, in search of light, then flap and buzz to maximum annoyance behind the curtains while you're trying to sleep.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Our cat loves 'em

giphy.gif

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
“They all come out at the same time to bread, they only last for 72 hours, maximum”

Stick to other carbs for a while and you should be OK.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
One fell in our sink full of washing up water early. Took it out quick as a flash but it was already wet through. Laid it out in the garden on the patio to dry, half hour later... Voila!.. all dried out and flying off free to go and do it's thing.

Little things like that make me happy. :)

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
The opened bathroom window infiltration of great annoyance started here in Rutland a good couple of weeks ago.

I see in that BBC piece you posted it says "They all come out at the same time to bread", so maybe I need to stop feeding the birds for the time being! :lolol:

Those BBC journalists have to earn a crust you know. :rolleyes:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
The crane flies I can live with, their larvae, the leatherjacket, is an annoyance in the lawn as it eats the roots of the grass. Also the starlings and blackbirds tend to muller grass whilst rooting around for these grubs

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
The crane flies I can live with, their larvae, the leatherjacket, is an annoyance in the lawn as it eats the roots of the grass. Also the starlings and blackbirds tend to muller grass whilst rooting around for these grubs

Apparently Manchester City have sprayed their pitch with onion to deter the critters.
Give that a go :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here