Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Special supporters..?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
attachment.php
attachment.php

Have been looking through old Albion programs, and saw this report in the 1983 v Norwich edition, on 'special supporters', by Stephen Rooke.
Just intrigued to see if Peter Deacon, Linda Nardizzi, Paul Stonehouse, Mark Lauderdale, Michael Kemsley, John Soat, Trevor Godden, Nigel Black, Tony Clark and Stephen Wimble who are all mentioned, are on NSC?
There are others I have not mentioned, I guess maybe in Albion heaven :bowdown:

Attachments

• IMG_20160919_1924202_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20160919_1924202_rewind.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,985
  • IMG_20160919_1924556_rewind_kindlephoto-7494621.jpg
    IMG_20160919_1924556_rewind_kindlephoto-7494621.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,018

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
attachment.php
attachment.php

Have been looking through old Albion programs, and saw this report in the 1983 v Norwich edition, on 'special supporters', by Stephen Rooke.
Just intrigued to see if Peter Deacon, Linda Nardizzi, Paul Stonehouse, Mark Lauderdale, Michael Kemsley, John Soat, Trevor Godden, Nigel Black, Tony Clark and Stephen Wimble who are all mentioned, are on NSC?
There are others I have not mentioned, I guess maybe in Albion heaven :bowdown:

That was my first ever Albion game. :banana:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Those were the days.......a programme with action shots of players and backgrounds......for 5 seasons now we have had a player or a picture of a players face on the cover,one wonders when's the format going to change...

50p as opposed to £3.50 now..which got me thinking,when i first started going in 1988 it was £1.50 to get in...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Brilliant time to start watching! Your timing was impeccable!

Glory hunting JCL springs to mind,it's not as if he did what i did,watch Aldershot at home in DIV3 in front of 9,000 and thinking i will be back,2nd game 26,000 vs Arsenal in the FAC....nope,glory hunter.... :jester:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
A special introduction to the surge, after we had scored, then trying not to be cut in two on the metal railings.
Welcome to the North Stand.

As I was typing, I was going to mention "The North Stand Sway" but I then thought it might not have been known by that. Maybe I'm just having a senior moment. :dunce:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
A special introduction to the surge, after we had scored, then trying not to be cut in two on the metal railings.
Welcome to the North Stand.

Oh the surges,brilliant.......almost as brilliant as some of those fans dedication in the article there,amazing.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Hang on a minute, Norwich had half the North Stand meaning regulars like me got stuck in the north west while some JCL was taking my place! You owe me a pint

Don't ask me how we ended up there but I went with a group of mates who managed to get me in. :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Glory hunting JCL springs to mind,it's not as if he did what i did,watch Aldershot at home in DIV3 in front of 9,000 and thinking i will be back,2nd game 26,000 vs Arsenal in the FAC....nope,glory hunter.... :jester:
Curiously, my first ever game was against Aldershot at the Goldstone. Boxing day 1973. We lost 1 nil and I was smitten.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Curiously, my first ever game was against Aldershot at the Goldstone. Boxing day 1973. We lost 1 nil and I was smitten.

Spooky and Even more curious was i was born in 1973..........perhaps i got taken along? I did chesterfield and swindon away late 70's (can't remember though)..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here