Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It wouldn't happen in Germany.

larus

Just seen the latest results from the Berlin elections and the Far Right AfD party achieved 14.1% of the vote, very similar to UKIP at the last general election.

The root cause of this popular uprising in Far Right support is (IMO):
1. Dissatisfaction with the bail-outs of Greece (and others).
2. Open door policy to immigration and the effects upon society.

These feelings are not isolated to UK and Germany. It's also in Austria, France, Hungary and others.

So, what is the remedy to this rise of far right/nationalistic parties?

I feel that the EU experiment has failed (the EU superstate and not the EEC which should be what we have). The EURO is a disaster and is decimating the southern states - there's no let-up in sight for them.
The open border/free movement is a great idea, but in practice it's causing far more problems than benefits to Europe.

We've never really recovered from the financial crisis either, and low interest rates/QE have inflated asset prices so are great for the elite but not for anyone below. There appears to be an underlying anger/frustration building which is targeted at the elite.

Does anyone else share my concerns or feel that things are just fine?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Indeed.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has accepted responsibility for her Christian Democratic party's "bitter defeat" in Berlin state elections.

She voiced regret over mistakes that contributed to last summer's migrant crisis in Germany. More than a million migrants reached Germany - a record.

"If I could, I would TURN BACK TIME FOR MANY, MANY YEARS, to prepare better," she told reporters.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37409451

How many of us on HERE were RIDICULED for stating the same thing at the time this was happening...... jeez it was obvious what the outcome would be, silly Angie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here