Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sausage Rolls and Other Superstitions

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Every time the Boy and I get the handmade sausage rolls from Bairds Farm Shop in Clymping, Albion win. This has happened for over 10 home games now it’s getting serious. I blamed the lovely woman in there for missing out on promotion. Notable games when they hadn’t made them Middlesbrough, Burnley and Derby (Early kick offs, the sausage rolls are not normally ready to buy early doors) I only noticed that it was a phenomena after the draw with Burnley.

They had a member of staff off sick so she had bought some frozen ones in, the gods could not be fooled as that was when Brentford stuck it right up us. Thank fully she has a new chef so normal service should return for the visit of Barnsley.

That got me to thinking anyone on here have any match day superstitions? Lucky pants, rabbit’s foot or specific pre match rituals that have had long lucky streaks?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Every time the Boy and I get the handmade sausage rolls from Bairds Farm Shop in Clymping, Albion win. This has happened for over 10 home games now it’s getting serious. I blamed the lovely woman in there for missing out on promotion. Notable games when they hadn’t made them Middlesbrough, Burnley and Derby (Early kick offs, the sausage rolls are not normally ready to buy early doors) I only noticed that it was a phenomena after the draw with Burnley.

They had a member of staff off sick so she had bought some frozen ones in, the gods could not be fooled as that was when Brentford stuck it right up us. Thank fully she has a new chef so normal service should return for the visit of Barnsley.

That got me to thinking anyone on here have any match day superstitions? Lucky pants, rabbit’s foot or specific pre match rituals that have had long lucky streaks?

All just coincidence otherwise we would win every game and never lose or get relegated.

The question must be if you believe this rubbish why were you not buying the sausage rolls during any of our play off campaigns, or when Sami was manager.

Mind you I did buy a sausage roll at Oxford and we won:clap:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thank fully she has a new chef
What? How is that good news? We win when you have sausage rolls made by the other chef, and they've gone!

PS - We came from behind to beat Birmingham last season because I had to go for a poo during the first half, which led to our equaliser.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
What? How is that good news? We win when you have sausage rolls made by the other chef, and they've gone!

PS - We came from behind to beat Birmingham last season because I had to go for a poo during the first half, which led to our equaliser.

When possible, she always makes the sausage rolls, Chef makes food for cafe.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Me and my school mates used to have a similar thing about eating Scotch eggs on the way to see Albion in the 70s

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Albion always seemed to score when the chap next to me went to the loo a few years back. He was worth offering a few coffees.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not superstition,but if Albion score first and within the first 5 minutes,i feel we will lose,does not always happen,just a feeling.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

But it was sausage shaped, do you see the connection, there is definitely something to do with sausages and luck here.
Ernest and his sausage at The Cliftonville is legendary, can you see a patten emerging.
I am going to eat hot dogs with lots of American mustard tomorrow night and see what happens.
We could be on to something here.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
But it was sausage shaped, do you see the connection, there is definitely something to do with sausages and luck here.
Ernest and his sausage at The Cliftonville is legendary, can you see a patten emerging.
I am going to eat hot dogs with lots of American mustard tomorrow night and see what happens.
We could be on to something here.

Funny that,i once about 3 seasons ago had a conversation in 1901 with a senior about the lack of hot dogs at the Amex,low and behold they introduced them..

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not superstition,but if Albion score first and within the first 5 minutes,i feel we will lose,does not always happen,just a feeling.

Yes, I know what you mean. I have the same feeling - that we will win - if we score 7. Just a feeling, of course; but then again 7 is my lucky number. Weird.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Beginning of last season I randomly decided to use the ramp instead of stairs to go over Falmer station. We started winning so I carried on.

The only 3 games i missed last season were Wolves, Ipswich and Boro at home as i was away for Christmas.

This season I've only missed the Brentford home game as i was in Bath for my uncles 50th. We lost.

I'm not saying it's my fault we play well at home. But the times i'm not there to walk the ramp, we lose......

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes, I know what you mean. I have the same feeling - that we will win - if we score 7. Just a feeling, of course; but then again 7 is my lucky number. Weird.

that's a lucky number 7 is quite common and for some reason if 7 was a colour it would be green,to me anyway.....my lucky number is 11 and i have it down as some form of light gold in colour,again just a feeling.

Jul 7, 2016

I am glad you are buying your sausages from a decent butchers. Most mass produced ones from supermarkets, walls etc are made with inferior meat cuts offs and mixed with grain etc. The same poor standard ones are also battered and sold in fish and chip shops.
Avoid at all costs !

el punal

I am glad you are buying your sausages from a decent butchers. Most mass produced ones from supermarkets, walls etc are made with inferior meat cuts offs and mixed with grain etc. The same poor standard ones are also battered and sold in fish and chip shops.
Avoid at all costs !
At my age I must confess I have a poor standard one, but no-one is going to batter my sausage - but there are exceptions! :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here