Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton Banned from Rangers

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Don't think iv'e ever come across a bloke so convinced that he has never done anything wrong and it's always somebody else's fault .

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
If he was as good at football as he was mouthing off he would be better than Messi.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That's handy. His autobiography is out on Thursday. He can do a three week book signing tour - if he can be trusted with a sharp implement like a pen.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Having heard Barton on various platforms he comes across as a very odd guy. On one level he seems to be capable of real honesty; he can be perceptive; and he is articulate. However he can be a total knob and a nasty piece of work.
He has so much 'previous' that I don't think he's going to change; he's a serial offender, but always capable of conducting his own defence. Fundamentally, the game would be better off without him - and maybe people should just stop sticking a microphone in front of him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The bloke is tailored-made for Yorkshire football - a massive player like Barton deserves to play for a massive club like Sheff Wed or Leeds.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:lol:

Barton released a statement on Thursday in which he acknowledged he "did overstep the mark".

"Some of the things I said were inappropriate and for that I apologise unreservedly," he wrote.

Moments after posting the statement, he published a tweet he later deleted reading: "Apologising doesn't always mean that you're wrong and the other person is right. It means you value your relationship more than your ego."
What a ****ing idiot.

Yes, apologising doesn't always mean you're wrong, it can mean you're being professional etc, but then undermining your apology by saying you didn't really mean it is valuing your ego more than your relationship you ****ing stupid, thick, ****!

Last edited:

SAC

May 21, 2014
He's the English equivalent of Roy Keane only less skilful (or not, in his mind). I'd be surprised if he isn't released by mutual agreement before Christmas.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Barton is completely lacking in emotional intelligence. Just doesn't know when to button it. He has some semblance of talent and he has a good football brain, but he is nowhere near the player he thinks he is. However, his volatile streak always seems to get him in trouble. Too easily rattled, yet he's the first to dish it out to others.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Having heard Barton on various platforms he comes across as a very odd guy. On one level he seems to be capable of real honesty; he can be perceptive; and he is articulate. However he can be a total knob and a nasty piece of work.
He has so much 'previous' that I don't think he's going to change; he's a serial offender, but always capable of conducting his own defence. Fundamentally, the game would be better off without him - and maybe people should just stop sticking a microphone in front of him.

He behaves like a schizophrenic , you never know what side you're going to get

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here