Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion defender smiles his way through league debut [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7
Rob Hunt replaces Bruno in the second half at Burton

Rob Hunt has revealed how he was told to tackle his league debut with a smile on his face.
The 21-year-old from Essex enjoyed his first Championship minutes as Albion won at Burton.
He slotted in alongside vastly experienced Shane Duffy after Bruno went off with a minor groin issue.
Hunt, who had previously played in the League Cup, told The Argus: “The others literally just said to enjoy it when I got on. They said ‘play with a smile on your face and keep it simple’.
“I thoroughly enjoyed it and it’s great to get the win in the end.
“It was just a case of play the ball, give it to our wide players and our strikers and make sure I defended well. But when I had the ball, keep it simple and get some crosses in.
“It was a great experience.”
Albion were aware Bruno might have to leave the action early but Hunt was unsure he would get his chance.
He added: “You know Bruno – he plays every game, week in, week out and he’s a top professional.
“It was a case of just make sure I was ready if I was needed.”
Hunt, under contract until the end of this season, is likely to enjoy more game time tomorrow when Chris Hughton rings the changes against Reading in the League Cup.

[h=4]Promoted stories[/h]

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here