Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Namibia

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anyone been?? What's it like??

Possiblility of doing some work over there and given how far it is to travel was going to tag on a few days leave arround Windhoek, maybe do some safari and then afew days on the coast.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Anyone been?? What's it like??

Possiblility of doing some work over there and given how far it is to travel was going to tag on a few days leave arround Windhoek, maybe do some safari and then afew days on the coast.

Yes. When I was in Botswana we drove through the Kalahari to Windhoek and had a couple of nights there and on the coast at Swakopmund. Stunning country, though very dry and dusty. People were nice, the coast that I saw was stunning. Didn't go on safari there so couldn't recommend anywhere. I found it perfectly safe, just as safe as Botswana, though we took normal African precautions at night when driving. One thing to avoid at night in Windhoek is the CBD - It turns into a giant red light district!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Amazing country but massive. In two weeks we drove 2,750 miles and more than half of that was on unmade roads. If you drive, get a 4x4. Safari in Etosha was great and is an easier drive than heading south, as more of it was Tarmac road. Swakopmund is quaint and oddly German. Nice for a couple of nights.

Do it.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Great place. We drove in from South Africa and out in to Botswana. On the way doing Fish River Canyon, Swakopmund, Skeleton Coast, Etosha and Caprivi strip.
Fish River is the biggest canyon in Africa.
Swakop is an interesting town but mainly a great big playground as it's surrounded by dunes so great for quad biking, sand boarding, skydiving etc.
Etosha is a fantastic game park. Not with the abundance of animals that you get in Kenya / Tanzania but still some really good sightings there especially around the watering holes.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Played rugby in Windhoek in 1977.... hardly relevant info for you .... lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here