Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ex-Motability Shoreham Vehicle Auction

barchetta

Mar 21, 2016
I'm after some advice from someone who has brought from here or could offer some advice.

I'm thinking of going to SVA and look at some ex motability MPVs, probably looking to going this thursday to get an idea of current prices these cars are fetching.

I'm thinking as these are the motability cars with scuffs and scrapes with hopefully a lower price than something like jeffries farm in Crawley. As it is likely to 3-4 years old probably quite low mileage and unlikely to have been thrashed and serviced as per schedule.

I was looking at the quashai or quashai+2, any thoughts or anything i need to know.

thanks in advance.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
I'm after some advice from someone who has brought from here or could offer some advice.

I'm thinking of going to SVA and look at some ex motability MPVs, probably looking to going this thursday to get an idea of current prices these cars are fetching.

I'm thinking as these are the motability cars with scuffs and scrapes with hopefully a lower price than something like jeffries farm in Crawley. As it is likely to 3-4 years old probably quite low mileage and unlikely to have been thrashed and serviced as per schedule.

I was looking at the quashai or quashai+2, any thoughts or anything i need to know.

thanks in advance.

As a driver of a mobility car, I object to your influence that we are more likely to scrape and scuff them. Having a disability does not make one a worse driver. In fact the opposite, as we need to concentrate more.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

I'm thinking as these are the motability cars with scuffs and scrapes with hopefully a lower price than something like jeffries farm in Crawley. As it is likely to 3-4 years old probably quite

low mileage and unlikely to have been thrashed and serviced as per schedule.

thanks in advance.

Check out the owners reviews on Carbuyer for the Quashai before you buy a car without a warrantee

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/nissan/qashqai/hatchback/owner-reviews

Last edited:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
As a driver of a mobility car, I object to your influence that we are more likely to scrape and scuff them. Having a disability does not make one a worse driver. In fact the opposite, as we need to concentrate more.

I don't think the OP was implying that disability drivers are worse drivers then anyone else, more of a reference that Motability sell their top notch condition motors directly to the trade, whereas those with issues such as mechanical or body work will more than likely end up at auction.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
As an ex motor vehicle auction employee i would say that the chances of picking up a decent vehicle from a motability sale are fair,most vehicles when we sold them were sold as seen in fleet sales,down to the pure reason that the vendor wished to keep any come backs at a minimum...

Some companies would let their vehicles be sold with a trial (no major mechanical faults) basically this is the vendors declaration,it consisted of no "major" fault with engine,gearbox,transmission,steering,suspension etc......

you would bid on a vehicle and if the bid was successful,you would go for a drive (the engineer would drive the vehicle) and you would have 1 hour after the sale ends to report any "major" fault in the categories mentioned.

A major fault would not include a steering bush for example,a rattle in the engine (unless the engineer agreed it was camshaft/crankshaft) you are at the mercy of the "qualified" engineers agreement....

If you don't like the vehicle,it's unfortunate and you at the fall of the hammer (in the auction hall) own the vehicle..

If you walk away you will loose your (normal cases-) 10% deposit.

Best advice is to go for a vehicle with a "end of sale trial" as opposed to sold as seen.

Also just go to an auction and get familiarized with the way it works first,there will be plenty of opportunity to get a vehicle..

Perhaps go on a none sale day an ask to hear a vehicle you like start up in the yard (with a sales rep) and look around it..

Check the small print,look at the vehicles paperwork before hand too..

You can get your fingers burned at auction and also pick up a bargain.....if you buy a car and you find it's not for you,perhaps you can ask for it to go into a future sale(although) at this point it starts to cost..

Do your home work on price,stick to a price don't get carried away THERE WILL BE OTHER CARS.

As for clean title you pay a indemnity fee for this-no clean of finance and various categories of insurance loss/stolen etc...

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Unless things have changed drastically a motability vehicle almost felt like it had to be handed back in almost new condition any damage however minor had to be fixed before it was handed back and an insurance claim made.

Not had one for over 10 years and the last one I had I bought which went to the scrap yard in April this year.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Not sure if this helps but I bought an ex-mobility Vauxhall Astra from the dealer who originally supplied it in 2007, it was two years old. The car was immaculate and I did not understand why it was £3k cheaper than a non- mobility car. I have just sold it with 109k on the clock for £2k!
Great experience, just shows that the stigma applied to mobility cars can save you loads and they are usually well serviced.

barchetta

Mar 21, 2016

Sorry. No comments on merits of motability drivers, just if the cars are clean they don't go through shoreham. My view is that my car is likely to get the odd bump or scrape once purchased if the price is reflected at purchase I'm happy to have the scrapes to begin with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here