Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One simple (inexpensive) luxury?

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Just one, what's yours?

May I nominate...

Tomatoes fresh picked out of the garden, nice white bread, good butter, a spray of rock salt, sarnie.

Happy bunny.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A tomato sandwich with no cheese or ham, that's not a luxury it's more like cheap rations.

Can a luxury ever be inexpensive?

But in the spirit of the OP.

A still warm uncut white loaf, sliced thickly then pasted with butter then blackcurrant jam.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Considering you can pay up to £2000 for a bottle, once I year I treat myself and Mrs Chopper to a bottle of Puligny Montrachet, usually on our wedding anniversary which is this week, no more than £50 but still absolute nectar.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A fresh fig off the tree at work.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
In the same vein of OP.
Freshly picked Kale from our allotment, sauted in butter and garlic, fantastic on toasted olive bread :)

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Considering you can pay up to £2000 for a bottle, once I year I treat myself and Mrs Chopper to a bottle of Puligny Montrachet, usually on our wedding anniversary which is this week, no more than £50 but still absolute nectar.

Is there any maker you favour? Or merchant you buy from? Burgundy is so fraught with danger... (Maybe you don't want to share this golden info!!!)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Time not working to spend with my daughter.

I put it to you that, depending on where you are on this whole life journey thing, that could actually be very expensive. So expensive that most people are unable to do it.

I need to think about my answer.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
A fully unfurled toilet roll luzzed from WSU

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Is there any maker you favour? Or merchant you buy from? Burgundy is so fraught with danger... (Maybe you don't want to share this golden info!!!)

I wish I was that knowledgeable about it.
I would either go to Waitrose or that very rare thing nowadays a decent wine shop and let them recommend but any Montrachet to me is wonderful.
My sister in law got my wife a bottle for her 50th birthday it was about £70 and the best bottle of wine I have ever tasted so god knows what a proper bottle tastes like.
But as for producers and best years etc, no, not a clue.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Morrisons own brand sugar free muesli. Get through 2-3 bowls of it daily. Then again Morrisons jam doughnuts, 5 for 50p....hmmm...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Can a luxury ever be inexpensive?

by definition, no. "inexpensive luxury" could mean a small luxury that is not a necessity. i would say the OP means inexpensive treasure, greatly valued but not necessarily costing much.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A walk on the Downs, returning home to a bowl of home made leek and potato soup and a thick wedge of Tiger bread.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here