GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I think you would be very lucky to buy a parrot for £170. A quick search on Gumtree reveals prices of £300+ so I would be very wary of one being offered at £170 or £150 let alone £10, even if it had been living in a brothel.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think you would be very lucky to buy a parrot for £170. A quick search on Gumtree reveals prices of £300+ so I would be very wary of one being offered at £170 or £150 let alone £10, even if it had been living in a brothel.

is your name keith? per chance.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Agreed. More likely to be one of those parakeet things that live in some of the central London parks. I've seen them take feed from the hand - it would probably be quite easy to grab one and then pass it off as a parrot. I'm not sure I'd be able to spot the difference.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
A parakeet is any one of a large number of small to medium-sized species of parrot, in multiple genera, that generally have long tail feathers. Older spellings still sometimes encountered are paroquet or parquet. - Wikipedia

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Agreed. More likely to be one of those parakeet things that live in some of the central London parks. I've seen them take feed from the hand - it would probably be quite easy to grab one and then pass it off as a parrot. I'm not sure I'd be able to spot the difference.

5b5ee3105a41b1c065991c38ace83a8c.jpg
photos%5CJohnParrott.jpg

Big difference!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

They're sodding all over Hampton Court today, bloody screeching parasites.
Still a good day though :)

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
They're sodding all over Hampton Court today, bloody screeching parasites.
Still a good day though :)

They are all over Sarf Lunnan and my understanding is that they have passed over the M25 into Surrey so we should be getting them over the South Downs in the next couple of years.

Sorry, that's not very funny is it?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
They are all over Sarf Lunnan and my understanding is that they have passed over the M25 into Surrey so we should be getting them over the South Downs in the next couple of years.

As you rightly said Jakarta, they're everywhere, here in HA4 & Kew Gardens for example, not funny but bloody noisey.

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton

There was a colony of them living in the trees around Roedale allotments a few years ago. Made me laugh!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A cockatoo would have been more likely to have been seen in a brothel.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here