Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cases like The Birmingham Six.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
This is a general interest point after visiting The Royal Courts of Justice and maybe there is a legal timeline here (?) why were cases like The Birmingham Six,Guildford Four and others on their release dealt with and shown coming out of the CCC/Old Bailey on either quashing or over turning a conviction ? :wave:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I think the Dave Clarke five should be locked up forever and the key thrown away for that appalling record.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Seconded.

Bit unlike you Frutos as you often have a decent arguement either way. However and maybe you can advise/inform and i could have been a bit clearer in my post. As to why case like The 6 were at The O/B rather then RC of J on release. ? Thanks.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Isn't the Royal Court of Justice relatively new might not have been in use at the time?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Bit unlike you Frutos as you often have a decent arguement either way. However and maybe you can advise/inform and i could have been a bit clearer in my post. As to why case like The 6 were at The O/B rather then RC of J on release. ? Thanks.

I think you have misunderstood my post.

As for your question, I've not the faintest idea.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
This is a general interest point after visiting The Royal Courts of Justice and maybe there is a legal timeline here (?) why were cases like The Birmingham Six,Guildford Four and others on their release dealt with and shown coming out of the CCC/Old Bailey on either quashing or over turning a conviction ? :wave:

I guess because, if the cases are exceptional and high profile, they are held at the CCC and OB.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Could it be that they were high publicity cases and the media were going to be there whether the cases were quashed or not. That said, I suspect they knew beforehand that the cases would be quashed but had to wait for the formality of a ruling from a judge.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I simply dont know,but we all see both courts on the news and again like Southwark where the "winner" comes out cheering ? Lord/B whats going on ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

The Royal Court of Justice is where all appeals are heard - both civil and criminal. Old Bailey is a criminal court but not for appeals.

I simply dont know,but we all see both courts on the news and again like Southwark where the "winner" comes out cheering ? Lord/B whats going on ?

Is that a request for me to come up with an answer?

I'll do my best. I think it's something to do with Simon Cowell and the auctioning of TV rights. I hear there is a chance that Channel 5 will win the next series and performances will be moved to Skelmersdale Magistrates Court. Skem does a better line in baying crowds, lining the streets and demanding justice.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Is that a request for me to come up with an answer?

I'll do my best. I think it's something to do with Simon Cowell and the auctioning of TV rights. I hear there is a chance that Channel 5 will win the next series and performances will be moved to Skelmersdale Magistrates Court. Skem does a better line in baying crowds, lining the streets and demanding justice.

In Skelmersdale such cases would be resolved through transcendental mediation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here