Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice People, Burton

el punal

Just thought I'd give a word of praise to the fans of Burton. Having gone to a couple of pubs in Burton, on my own, I was impressed with how friendly and helpful they were - and I didn't have to buy them a drink!

Big thanks to Roger, a Burton fan, who gave me lift to the ground saving me a 30 minute walk. If you're reading this Roge - cheers, and good luck for the rest of the season! :cheers:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
A very strange day, I don't want to sound harsh on them but everything felt very 'non league' !!

No problem parking, no problem getting into the local pubs, the bar and food outlets in the away end and a crowd of 4000 odd with 1600 Brighton fans.

Strangely enjoyable but just didn't feel like a Championship game !!

el punal

A very strange day, I don't want to sound harsh on them but everything felt very 'non league' !!

No problem parking, no problem getting into the local pubs, the bar and food outlets in the away end and a crowd of 4000 odd with 1600 Brighton fans.

I know. For a Saturday lunchtime the town centre seemed almost deserted and the pubs hardly busy either. Similar to going to Yeovil last time out, but without the rain.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Nothing wrong with feeling " non league" we don't all go away to get pissed,and have ruck with home fans
It was a very enjoyable day

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Sounds nice to me and for a town like Burton with that amount of fans getting to the Championship and doing quite well at the moment, good luck to them.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

Withdean deja vu

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Nothing wrong with feeling " non league" we don't all go away to get pissed,and have ruck with home fans
It was a very enjoyable day

Who said there was anything wrong with it? An enjoyable away day but more of an FA Cup day out against a non league side feel.

I found the people of Burton to be decent, accommodating and welcoming.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Makes me feel nostalgic ! I love non league and now Brighton are out of the lower leagues I go to my local team to get that type of experience (alongside the Albion of course).

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
More importantly, was the ground empty five mins before the end?

No they stayed till the end and it was kind of cute.

They have done an amazing job to get to where they are but they will have to perform miracles to stay there. Sadly its all about finance these days and with crowds of less thatn 5000 they will struggle to be able to earn enough money to get the players they will need in the longer term.

I spoke to one of their fans on the way back to the station and he was very realistic about the situation and was just enjoying the moment.

Good luck to them

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Forgot withdean?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
No they stayed till the end and it was kind of cute.

They have done an amazing job to get to where they are but they will have to perform miracles to stay there. Sadly its all about finance these days and with crowds of less thatn 5000 they will struggle to be able to earn enough money to get the players they will need in the longer term.

I spoke to one of their fans on the way back to the station and he was very realistic about the situation and was just enjoying the moment.

Good luck to them

Indeed, great to see

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Sounds great, i hope they stay up and I can make it an away trip next season. Saw pictures of their stadium, if we were still at Withdean I would have serious stadium envy, it has a roof on all sides and looks really neat.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Burton have performed miracles to get where they are. Even the pubs are small, walking to and from the train station to the ground apart from the main town centre Wetherspoons. Strange place but very welcoming and I hope they stay up so there's another visit there next season.

Btw, lovely thread praising another Championship club.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I didn't go yesterday, but went to the League Cup game in 2014. Would echo all said here, found people friendly, pubs and beer great and the ground a refreshingly intimate experience.

Remember they have already beaten Massive:lolol: and Direby:clap2: (which is the historic equivalent of Crawley beating us) so I think we were fortunate to catch them with so many players missing.

Very good luck to them.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here